Directv committed to HDLITE!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hate to say it boys...but I for one am through complaining about the HD Lite. I can tell you that there in no difference on my D NBC nNational Feed on channel 82 and my local ota on channel 4-1 here in Columbus. Add that to the fact that I just went this weekend to check out the HD signal on Dish and the three cable companies in the area and as surprised as I was...D had as good as and maybe the best pic. I assumed that we were getting screwed somewhere but no one seems to be getting any better so what the hell are we all complaining about. My advise... if you can find a better pic go get it, if you can't stop complaining this is what we are getting and what we are paying for. Seems like a choice to me!

FlyingJ said:
Hate to say it boys...but I for one am through complaining about the HD Lite. I can tell you that there in no difference on my D NBC nNational Feed on channel 82 and my local ota on channel 4-1 here in Columbus. Add that to the fact that I just went this weekend to check out the HD signal on Dish and the three cable companies in the area and as surprised as I was...D had as good as and maybe the best pic. I assumed that we were getting screwed somewhere but no one seems to be getting any better so what the hell are we all complaining about. My advise... if you can find a better pic go get it, if you can't stop complaining this is what we are getting and what we are paying for. Seems like a choice to me!

great post.

these people dont get it, this aint burger king. you can cry, write letters, whine, e-mail directv, snivel, call your congressman and moan. you are , for the next year , get it how they provide it, PERIOD. get over it, or move on.

I agree with FlyingJ. I cannot tell that there is a difference on my D NBC nNational Feed on channel 82 and my local ota on channel 4-1 here in Columbus too.

FlyingJ said:
How can you compare the two stations, when one (National) is a New York station and the other one (local) is in Columbus? They could have different transmitters, transmitting different quality pictures. I know I see a slight difference in PQ between my local stations, using my OTA antenna. I think a truer comparison would be a person who receives the National New York or LA station with an OTA antenna and on also receives that same station via an 80 channel, on D*.

I live in NY and get locals from OTA and D*. I used to watch tv with my glasses but since HDlite, i just take them off and I cant tell the difference. I am very happy either way! (this is not a joke, im serious)

Last night the NY MPEG-2 CBS HD feed was really bad. The movie " the sum of all fears" Had freezing with fast action sequences, etc. very piss poor PQ........ The Olympics on NBC HD were better, I only noticed minimal PQ issues.
With the National channels, the PQ seems to come and go..........

I'm still using a RCA DTC210, but I don't think the HD PQ issues are my equipment.

I haven't decided about upgrading to MPEG-4 yet. I can't get cable, or any OTA HD where I live, so my choices are either Dish or D*........ :( I really hope D* fixes the HD PQ issuses with MPEG-4 and the new sats.

GeorgeLV said:
I wonder splam is trolling. I can't imagine that someone could be so wrong on so many points at length unintentionally.

I was thinking about the same but I did not want to say anything about it. :)

charper1 said:
... they are bound by laws that require so many public interest, ...
I hate it when they force public interest stuff onto the, well, er, ah, public.:)

You are ever so right. An OTA antenna is the way to go. The picture is absolutely great. We are now receiving all the networks in HD in the evenings. :)

lou_do said:
How can you compare the two stations, when one (National) is a New York station and the other one (local) is in Columbus? ...

I think a better evaluation could be performed by viewing your local HD OTA as the source and comparing that to that same programming on your HD locals. I suspect that you will see no difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)