DirecTV Contracts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I really do not understand the logic behind these contracts when the equipment is LEASED. Why does D* make you commit to 1 or 2 years for LEASED equipment while E* has no commitment at all for leased equipment? I remember when D* gave you a 1 year contract, but you got to keep the equipment after the year. This does not make sense.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but really do not understand the logic behind these contracts when the equipment is LEASED. Why does D* make you commit to 1 or 2 for LEASED equipment while E* has no commitment at all for leased equipment? I remember when D* gave you a l year contract, but you got to keep the equipment after the year. This does not make sense.
I thought E* had an 18 month contract for leases, but none if you buy the box outright.

Dish will waive a few fees if you sign the 18 month contract. I think you have to pay an upfront fee to get Dish without a contract. I think a contract gets you a warranty on equipment and installation too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.