DirecTV Dish for Dish Network?

mecro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I am a former DirecTV user, and now a current DISH user. I have my old single LNB 18" dish from DirecTV, and i am wondering if I can use that to retrieve signal from either 110 or 119, or if the LNB is not compatible.

Thanks!

Scott

mecro said:
I am a former DirecTV user, and now a current DISH user. I have my old single LNB 18" dish from DirecTV, and i am wondering if I can use that to retrieve signal from either 110 or 119, or if the LNB is not compatible.

Thanks!

Scott

You could but you need both locations to see all the channels in any of the basic E* programing packages, most but not all of the AT60 and AT120 channels are on 119, most of the extra channels for AT180 are on 110 and the Premium movie packages have channels split between 110 and 119. Some locals are on 119 and some are on 110. You are better off with a Dish500.

yeah, i know i'd only be getting channels from 119, i'm fine with that. I was not sure if the DirecTV LNB was compatible with DishNet's signal. Here's hoping! If anyone else has experience with this, let me know. I'm trying to avoid buying a dish. (poor college kid trying to use father's dishnetwork account)

mecro said:
yeah, i know i'd only be getting channels from 119, i'm fine with that. I was not sure if the DirecTV LNB was compatible with DishNet's signal. Here's hoping! If anyone else has experience with this, let me know. I'm trying to avoid buying a dish. (poor college kid trying to use father's dishnetwork account)

If the D* LNB is one for a standard 18" 1 x LNB dish, then yes it will work.

(poor college kid trying to use father's dishnetwork account)
Assuming you're not in the same house, you are exposing that account to audit failure big time!

And do NOT under ANY circumstances plug your ILLEGAL receiver into a phone line.

well, i haven't done anything yet, so don't fret. What do you mean illegal receiver? I'll be buying a receiver from a place like dishdepot or something like that. I don't know what you mean by illegal. Please let me know, i'd like to know what's right and what's wrong. I'm new at this. Thanks, Scott.

you can't have one address and view at other address. thats why they want the phone line to be plugged in so they can verify where the receiver is at.

your better off paying 149.00 and getting a free for all promotion (under your name is best) and it will include a free dish install and a 311 or 301 recvr PLUS you get monthly equip credits back .... for 30 months (i know a longgggg time) but there's no commitment to keep it but if you keep it activ for the whole 30 months you can get 150.00 back

free from commitments
free install included
and (eventually) free system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)