DIRECTV dish only getting certain transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

detuch254

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 7, 2021
New Jersey
Hi there, hope all is well! All of a sudden my DIRECTV dish stopped receiving all HD channels as well as SD channels. I checked the signals and it looked as though only certain channels were being received. I tried swapping receivers all through the house with no success. All receivers have the issue. I then tried to adjust the dish and same thing. The dish only sees certain transponders, not even odd or even. It’ll either be a row of transponders on 101 or maybe 10 random ones. I’m not sure if it’s a bad LNB, bad bent dish, or something else. What I did see is this, look at attached pic.

One of the dithering techniques is bent and the black piece looks stressed, maybe from too much dithering??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 139
It sounds like a bad lnb, but you removed the entire back assembly from the dish?

Reactions: AZ.
Replaced LNB and was able to get signal but it wouldn’t go higher than 70 on satellite 101. Tried changing elevation and everything. Seems like a bent dish?

A bent dish certainly could be the issue. More likely it's an alignment problem.

Reactions: comp9
Rechecked and it’s not an alignment problem. What are signs of a bent dish? Low signals?
A bent dish will be difficult to dial in, some transponders are good, others bad. Much like a bad lnb. Dishes don't bend spontaneously. Lnbs go bad out of the blue. You can try a new dish but I still think it's an alignment issue.

Just picked up a new dish today from Mercari Local and it is working great again! It does like as those one of the dithering rods is literally about to snap in half though lol

Reactions: raoul5788
Did you have any high winds lately? I don't know what else could have bent the dish unless something hit it.

Reflector fell to the ground a week ago and i didn't think anything of it. After all, I assumed that the LNB broke. But, it was actually the reflector. It was weird cuz the LNB is in front of the reflector and the LNB arm protects the reflector from being hit.

Reflector fell to the ground a week ago and i didn't think anything of it. After all, I assumed that the LNB broke. But, it was actually the reflector. It was weird cuz the LNB is in front of the reflector and the LNB arm protects the reflector from being hit.
If you had mentioned that in the beginning we could have saved you some time and money.

Reactions: Jimbo and comp9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts