DirecTV Dish Size?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kraftwerk76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Hi, all. I am switching to DirecTV shortly, and I was just curious about the size of the dish. Is it 18"? I used to have Dish Network, and that dish was 20". How does DirecTV compare to Dish Network regarding rain fade? My location is in Oklahoma and I will be getting the the Choice XTRA with DVR. Thanks for the help.

Which dish?

The 1 LNB model is about 18" oval.

The 3 LNB model is about 18" x 20" elliptical

The 5 LNB SlimLine is about 22" x 32" elliptical

The new Directv Slimline Dish that was installed in my home is much larger than the dish 1000 satellite dish. Probably around 30" wide, 25" high (I have not measured it). Not many problems at all with the rain fade, compared to dish, and when it does, it comes back a lot quicker than dish ever did.

Which dish?

--Thanks for the replies. As far as which dish it is, I have no idea, but since I will be getting the "Choice XTRA with DVR" package, and no extra international channels, I am guessing the one or three LNB dish (probably one LNB, though).

--Ok, cool. No, I'm not getting HD yet, I still have a plain ol' JVC 32" non HD. They will be installing the system tomorrow afternoon, maybe today if someone cancels. I figured I would go ahead and get the DVR option, since I am always missing shows I want to watch.

--Ok, cool. No, I'm not getting HD yet, I still have a plain ol' JVC 32" non HD. They will be installing the system tomorrow afternoon, maybe today if someone cancels. I figured I would go ahead and get the DVR option, since I am always missing shows I want to watch.
They still may install a Slimline anyway. I've know of 2 D* customers that got Slimlines ,even though they don't have HD. But I know a lot more SD customer that got 3 LNB dishes. And 3 lnb is fairly small.

Get the 5LNB upfront if you can; also get the HD receivers now too; they will down-res all the new channels the 3 LNB will not get and they CAN be displayed on your current TV set until you upgrade it. Then all you have to do is swap TV's and your are GOOD TO GO!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)