Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
if they drop em i think i will have to call in and use it for leverage to see what i can get :)

CREED!

corporate creed at work
kgo_032.gif
give'em the axe
mad.gif
30% increase is to much to pay for mostly rerun channels
tongue.gif

The only thing we'd miss out of all this is MTV, and thats because the wife and I watch Teen Wolf this time of year. Hellooooo apple tv ;)

Spike was Ult Fighter, but it's on FX now. It's telling for me when I can look at Icebergs list and not care if any of them are gone lol

These are channels I can live without for a while if they can get us a good deal.

So does Direct, and they will continue to without losing them.
DIRECTV may not have a choice, Viacom has demanded that DIRECTV remove the channels tonight.

The question is how far apart the two sides are on negoations. Neither side will give you that information.

Not a Direct TV subscriber. Just based on past performance Direct TV does not drop channels in dispute for any real length of time, if at all. However Viacom seemingly suddenly taking a hard stance may not bode well. I hope Direct TV does not cave and holds them to a reasonable amount.

Are Viacom shows available on Roku? Just sayin. :)

lol...The sat companies might eventually say. Just use the Roku don't bother with us
to much drama.

I like how they title it, "DirecTV to drop...", when it reality it is Viacom that is to drop these channels

Correct it is Viacom who wants them pulled and its directv who wants to keep them while the talks continue.

Directv is not the bad guy here!

Never been much on DTV but,I hope they win this one.So sick of these greedy arse tv companies!

Really, What city has MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, Spike TV, BET, and many others available via antenna?

Remember DIRECTV wants to keep these channels running while talks continue, it is Viacom who is demanding that DIRECTV take them down.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Remember DIRECTV wants to keep these channels running while talks continue, it is Viacom who is demanding that DIRECTV take them down.

Playing Devil's Advocate here: But then again, the contract expired 6/30 and Viacom gave an extension to continue negotiations. That makes me winder what happened to change their tactics.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts