Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am holding out but cannot do without Spike and Comedy Central. Ill give it a month or so as I love D but cant do without those channels .

Really? I can't think of a single channel or even 2 for that matter, that if I lost them I would switch providers to get. Would I be tickled because I lost them, no but there is just way too much to watch that is similar to really make a couple of channels all that important.

Really? I can't think of a single channel or even 2 for that matter, that if I lost them I would switch providers to get. Would I be tickled because I lost them, no but there is just way too much to watch that is similar to really make a couple of channels all that important.

Exactly what I was thinking. I watch SpikeTV but that is it for the most part.

Iceberg said:
so all 4 of them?

If you read the posts other than a couple shows folks have posted (I've seen Colbert a couple times.....I'm not including the 408 times you mentioned Degrassi) most of us dont care that the channels are gone.

I got to admit, when this dispute took off and they mentioned Degrassi, I said to myself, so someone does watch that crap. The only reason I know what kind of show it is, other than being on a teen channel, is because whenever I read a strange name, I wiki it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I watch SpikeTV but that is it for the most part.

My son watches Spike on occasion, but as I said in another post, if it wasn't for the news and forums, I wouldn't actually have known they went dark.

Neither of my custom lists have any Viacom channels in it.

Right now at DISH Satellite TV Packages From $19.99 | Satellite Television Service | DISH they have a scrolling picture of Spongebob going across the screen, lol.

The Dishnetwork users who watch the AMC networks want to switch, the DirecTV customers with kids who miss NICK and the other Viacom channels want to switch as well. When does it end? Next month/year it will be another network and another provider in a spat with suspended channels.

The providers ( Dish/Direct/Cable ) need to band together on these issues, instead of trying to get new customers. Kudo's to the cable company who came out in support of DirecTV, instead of trying to steal unhappy customers.

Last edited:
My Family wants Nick and Teen Nick back.

Thats Really all we want!

I hope the senate and congress will have more hearings about the retransmission consent madness in the future after if the Viacom/DirecTV beef solved. I hope Mike White DirecTV CEO and Viacom CEO Phil Dauman will testify just like when Cablevision and News Corp testified after their blackout two years ago. I agree the system is broken.

I find it amusing how calm D subs remain during disputes compared to the guys over in the E side of the board. I personally don't watch hockey, but a sports oriented provider was able to survive the versus dispute, and so far they're not caving to Viacom and a good amount of subs are managing just fine. If you really miss the nick reruns, get Netflix. They even have some of the really good 90s nick programming too, not to mention some original series from showtime

Sent from my iPhone

My kids love the Disney channels. And I like them because the cartoons they play mostly are decent and don't put weird ideas into my kids head... I do love the fact that Cox is coming out on the side of a rival. Just goes to show how rediculous it is and that in America even companies will band together when attacked. And Viacom making fun of D* subs just goes to show how bad it is. When the dust settles I see many people losing jobs over there and a permanent scar on V*'s reputation as a professional company. But then again, a company that shows people like those childish idiots fighting and this is my man or whatever BS just goes to show what kind of a comp, they are.

My younger kids will be happy to see Disney Jr tomorrow. Heck, my 6 year old is really liking the Kid's Mix channel and how he has one point to find all his shows. He hasn't cared a bit about losing Nick, but I have a feeling he's not going to be happy once the Kid's Mix channel is gone.

. If you really miss the nick reruns, get Netflix. They even have some of the really good 90s nick programming too, not to mention some original series from showtime

Sent from my iPhone
Well we have Netflix, but the kids were already complaining it was missing their new shows.
I'm not surprised Netflix in my opinion kindof sucks!

I'm thinking of signing up to Amazon Prime. Its $80 a year, and it looks like it has way better selection of movies.

I find it amusing how calm D subs remain during disputes compared to the guys over in the E side of the board. I personally don't watch hockey, but a sports oriented provider was able to survive the versus dispute, and so far they're not caving to Viacom and a good amount of subs are managing just fine. If you really miss the nick reruns, get Netflix. They even have some of the really good 90s nick programming too, not to mention some original series from showtime

Sent from my iPhone

DirecTV's dispute, whenever it was, with Versus? (Versus has since rebranded as NBC Sports Network.)

Though I give my support, I'm skeptical with DirecTV -- with or without being told of any details of contracts with programmers -- because I sense DirecTV is reluctant to add channels and likes to chalk it up to "savings." Such savings could be the denial of the basic cable channels which should have been carried a couple or few years ago in HD; such savings could refer to a lack of channels any cable operator carries that are part of a bundled pack, from a company like Viacom, which are not that significant in costs. Last year the only basic cable channel added in HD was AMC HD; yet, the bill for a basic cable package went up. As has been the routine. It goes up every February or March regardless.

I never understood why G4 had to go a few years ago. (None of my other area providers -- and ones outside of my area but in my teleivision market -- dumped that channel. It's owned by Comcast. And the lineup is filled with other Comcast/NBC Universal programming.) I never understood why DirecTV -- and, for that matter, Dish Network -- never added all channels from VH1, CMT, MTV, and BET. (Cable operators have had them for years. Probably more than 10 years.)

This dispute against Viacom would be more disappointing to me if it turns out DirecTV doesn't add anything more than what was in its lineup before the signals were pulled. If DirecTV returns those "26" (cough!) without, for example, TV Land HD, I will be disappointed.

DirecTV's dispute, whenever it was, with Versus? (Versus has since rebranded as NBC Sports Network.)

Though I give my support, I'm skeptical with DirecTV -- with or without being told of any details of contracts with programmers -- because I sense DirecTV is reluctant to add channels and likes to chalk it up to "savings." Such savings could be the denial of the basic cable channels which should have been carried a couple or few years ago in HD; such savings could refer to a lack of channels any cable operator carries that are part of a bundled pack, from a company like Viacom, which are not that significant in costs. Last year the only basic cable channel added in HD was AMC HD; yet, the bill for a basic cable package went up. As has been the routine. It goes up every February or March regardless.

I never understood why G4 had to go a few years ago. (None of my other area providers -- and ones outside of my area but in my teleivision market -- dumped that channel. It's owned by Comcast. And the lineup is filled with other Comcast/NBC Universal programming.) I never understood why DirecTV -- and, for that matter, Dish Network -- never added all channels from VH1, CMT, MTV, and BET. (Cable operators have had them for years. Probably more than 10 years.)

This dispute against Viacom would be more disappointing to me if it turns out DirecTV doesn't add anything more than what was in its lineup before the signals were pulled. If DirecTV returns those "26" (cough!) without, for example, TV Land HD, I will be disappointed.

DirecTV claims they dropped G4 on November 1, 2010 because of the channel's low ratings. But The Viacom/DirecTV negotiations are getting good progress according to DirecTV's Twitter page. I'm not leaving DirecTV. Because my local cable company doesn't even has both AMC nor TeenNick and E* recently dumped AMC. I believe what DirecTV is doing right and CEO Mike White too. :)

DirecTV claims they dropped G4 on November 1, 2010 because of the channel's low ratings. But The Viacom/DirecTV negotiations are getting good progress according to DirecTV's Twitter page. I'm not leaving DirecTV. Because my local cable company doesn't even has both AMC nor TeenNick and E* recently dumped AMC. I believe what DirecTV is doing right and CEO Mike White too. :)

I'm not leaving DirecTV. I don't have much regard for "good progress"; once a new agreement has been reached, I will want to know immediately if more channels will come with that. (I hope so. Even if it means Viacom had to shove them down DirecTV's throat.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)