Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What we really need as a consumer, is for some of these contracts to come up at the same time. That way, the providers could try and stick together. If these channels were also yanked from another provider like Comcast, Dish, or Fios, the networks wouldn't be able to afford pulling their channels. Unfortunately they all seem to come up at different times, and they tell you if you want our channels, just switch to a different provider.

I'm wondering if Disney Jr is going to be on Ku band in MPEG2 for everyone to get or on Ka band in MPEG4 for only HD receivers to be able to get like NASA TV and BabyFirst is.

it will probably be SD since in the link Scott posted there is nothing that says you need HD for it

Also I think both Nasa and BabyFirst are considered PI channels which is something totally different and each satellite orbital slot needs to set aside like 4% for that. Thats why Directv has a few stations like that are MPEG4

Just got this in E-Mail from Directv ...... Friday email update from DIRECTV
Updates on the channels you care about
The Latest on Viacom:
Dear
It's definitely been an undeservedly chaotic week for you. But we wanted to let you know we have been meeting several times daily with Viacom to bring back its most popular channels as soon as we can. We had more conversations today, and continue to thank you for your patience. We don't anticipate this lasting too much longer, but in the meantime, we just announced today that we're adding one of the more sought after new family channels - Disney Junior - for tomorrow morning. You don't need to do anything but have your kids in front of channel 289, where they can continue to see Disney favorites permanently.
If your idea of a great weekend is more about seeing the Boys of Summer hook it up, then we're also opening up a free preview of MLB Extra Innings for all of our customers too. You can see action from every Major League Baseball diamond between now and July 19 on the 30 more channels between 719-749. That'll include top weekend games like the Angels @ Yankees, Red Sox @ Rays, Cardinals @ Reds, Nationals @ Marlins and Mets @ Nationals, Giants @ Braves later in the week.Rest assured, while you're kicking back, we'll still be hard at it, trying to make sure to get Viacom to reconnect you to the channels you most want. That's not your business; it's ours. And we mean to do it.

Thanks again for your patience.

I'd be shocked if I missed my recording of Teen Wolf Mon night (Im being serious), but I dont see it going on more than a week or two.

I'd be shocked if I missed my recording of Teen Wolf Mon night (Im being serious), but I dont see it going on more than a week or two.

Me Neither unless Viacom becomes bigger pricks and I believe Viacom will startv to feel the pressure from their advertisers and the station sthey own soon when al their ratings drop dramatically imo :)

Had to drag myself off the bed and jump back on real quick to say...

Youns realize why V* is even telling people to ask for the perks from D*... They are trying to cost D* as much money as possible. This will eventually negate the efforts to save people money on their bill when they have to turn around and make up the shortfall on all the freebies and discounts everyone is asking for.

In reality if you really want to support D* and their ideals of trying to save the viewers money then just sit back, pay your bill, and support the american way. Life, Liberty, and the persuit of cheap TV!

The freebies cost DIRECTV a lot less than the rate increase in the long run. Most people will not call in for a freebie.

The problem with the rate increase is that it compounds yearly forever. So, if lets say the old rate was $2 and the new rate is $2.60, the next rate would probably be $3.38/sub/month (assuming another 30%). If DIRECTV negotiates it down to a 15% increase or $2.30 the next rate increase would be $2.65. DIRECTV would probably save 500 million over this contract, and every contract in the future since they are all based on the prior rate. This is very big money and even thousands of people getting $50 worth of concessions would not even put a dent in it.

lparsons21 said:
Really? I can't think of a single channel or even 2 for that matter, that if I lost them I would switch providers to get. Would I be tickled because I lost them, no but there is just way too much to watch that is similar to really make a couple of channels all that important.

Yea really, m a die hard wrestling fan so I'm not gonna go too long without it. I think. Month is fair.

Channel pulls for me are kinda like sports strikes. Was a huge baseball fan, then they went on strike after the all star game. I might watch the World Series, but thats about it.

All Viacom is gonna get out of me is lost interest in the one show I was watching.

Yea really, m a die hard wrestling fan so I'm not gonna go too long without it. I think. Month is fair.

IMPACT Wrestling's lastest episode in full youtube.com/watch?v=3wYeQSE_HMY Must be leaked by TNA as you see the IMPACT Zone during the commercials breaks with the commentators & Producer talking afew times

i am just asking but do your guide have only 1 banner for the whole dispute? or 1 banner per channel? mine just have it over Palladia, and on my brother receiver its have a banner on every channel

i am just asking but do your guide have only 1 banner for the whole dispute? or 1 banner per channel? mine just have it over Palladia, and on my brother receiver its have a banner on every channel

I have it where ever a Viacom channel shows up.

"Important News regarding ______ channel".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts