Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i am just asking but do your guide have only 1 banner for the whole dispute? or 1 banner per channel? mine just have it over Palladia, and on my brother receiver its have a banner on every channel

every Viacom channel has a -1 with the Mike White loop

yeah its weird. My favorites list doesnt have the "fill in" stations (like the kids mix) but it has the 8XXX channels which were Viacom channels. Juts add an 8 in front of the actual channel # (so Nick is 8299). Those still show in my guide

viacom has got a lot of nerve asking for a major pay increase considering that their flagship channel Nickelodeon viewership has declined 25% in the last year.

Looks like it dropped another 25% so there is 50% total loss without Directv. With Viacom going to run these radio and tv ads against Directv soon, I wouldn't think they would be doing so unless they see a resolution is near. Looks like they will be down for a while. Did they do that with the Dish Network dispute? Notice that Viacom says nobody pulled channels since 2004. That was with Dish Network.

I tried to get on Viacom's fb page to let them know how I feel, all I get is a white screen. D* fb is ok and I can get on it. It's as if Viacom took down its fb page, might be due to all the negative comments they have been getting.

Their facebook page is working now, but some are complaining they can't post negative viacom comments because it is not letting them.
I tried to get on Viacom's fb page to let them know how I feel, all I get is a white screen. D* fb is ok and I can get on it. It's as if Viacom took down its fb page, might be due to all the negative comments they have been getting.

Lkr said:
fwiw all of the non-ppv wrestling shows are usually on youtube the next day at the latest.

I understand that but if I wanted to watch things from the computer then I wouldn't have satellite. I expect to be able to use my 70" tv with HD service not youTube. I don't pay a $200/mo+ bill for nothing (yes, PPV included)

Try ALL Channels once and see what happens with them.

An update from DIRECTV Viacom Dispute - Viacom Wants YOU to Pay 30% MORE! They are making good progress on a new deal, but haven't reach an agreement and the Viacom channels haven't restored yet, but they almost getting up there. The talks are in progress and being make according to DirecTV CEO Mike White. Since the last major blackout with Tribune Broadcasting lasted 4 days, I hope the Viacom Nightmare will soon be over without a dire warning. Just hang in there! Thanks :)

I understand that but if I wanted to watch things from the computer then I wouldn't have satellite. I expect to be able to use my 70" tv with HD service not youTube. I don't pay a $200/mo+ bill for nothing (yes, PPV included)

I understand completely, I just personally wouldn't be able to stand switching providers. you could try using the youtube feature on your receiver and see if the videos were uploaded to youtube in HD.

Viacom has had countless videos removed from Youtube for copyright infringement in the past before this dispute even came. Now I am sure that they will be looking on Youtube for Viacom content like crazy.

Viacom has had countless videos removed from Youtube for copyright infringement in the past before this dispute even came. Now I am sure that they will be looking on Youtube for Viacom content like crazy.

I recently won a YouTube dispute with Viacom.

March 24th 2012
Your video "LG 32LD550 - Using DLNA", may have content that is owned or licensed by Viacom. As a result, the video has been blocked on YouTube. .
This claim is penalizing your account status. Visit your Copyright Notices page for more details on the policy applied to your video

April 22nd 2012
Viacom has reviewed your dispute and released its copyright claim on your video, "LG 32LD550 - Using DLNA".

They put claim on the Rocko's Modern Life clip that is in that video, I told them it's not the main focus of the video the video is a demo of DLNA and the content was used under "fair use". Well I won.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)