Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv added Shorts and it still shows at 0 for 3 months. Add it, remove in 3 months add it back for free

The only extra step is a bunch of us have to call it in as we are on grandfathered plans (Choice Xtra Classic)

Directv added Shorts and it still shows at 0 for 3 months. Add it, remove in 3 months add it back for free

The only extra step is a bunch of us have to call it in as we are on grandfathered plans (Choice Xtra Classic)
I understand but add epix at the rate Viacom wants and that may change. Maybe......

Here is the latest from Viacom

[h=6]In sharp contrast to DIRECTV’s public spin, it’s now clear that they have no intention of working with us to expedite a resolution and return our 26 networks to DIRECTV subscribers.

We know it’s been a long week for frustrated DIRECTV customers who lost their Viacom channels. Unfortunately, we have not seen any urgency from DIRECTV in working constructively with us on the compromise that could have already brought back your channels.

Here’s the official statement on the current impasse from Viacom: No Deal in Sight: Viacom Compromise Proposals Fail to Sway DIRECTV – Blog.Viacom
[/h]

how do you guys get hd extra for free? i've been paying $5 for 3 years!

Lkr said:
how do you guys get hd extra for free? i've been paying $5 for 3 years!

Cancel, sign up again and it is free for 3 months. Every time you sign up for it, it is free for 3 months.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

I bet Dish does not pay anything close to that. Directv is just trying to get more money out of Epix to make up for the lack of money they are getting out of the other channels.

Maybe Directv is not seeing enough of a subscriber loss to be concerned about either.

Seems kind of dumb that Viacom is holding the other channels back all because of Epix. If it were wholly owned by them it might be one thing, but they only own 33.3% (MGM and Lionsgate own the other 66.6). Seems to me they re shooting theirselves in the foot with their ad revenues when it comes to the low ratings that many of the networks are now reporting.

Directv had a sweetheart 7 year contract. It has to really hurt to ratchet ip to current prices so this war may continue for the summer. I see no ads from the competitors and would guess they are cheering directv's efforts with no poaching.

Cox is the only one I have seen that is publicly supporting Directv, although I'll bet you are right that they are all rooting for Directv.

I bet Dish does not pay anything close to that. Directv is just trying to get more money out of Epix to make up for the lack of money they are getting out of the other channels.

Maybe Directv is not seeing enough of a subscriber loss to be concerned about either.

500 million over 7 years is about 6 million a month. It depends which package they put it in, but if they put it in a package that 6 million subscribe to then it is just $1/sub/month...

dfergie said:
Negotiators spend just ?10 minutes a day talking? about substantive matters says Denise Denson, Viacom Media Networks? EVP for Content Distribution and Marketing. ?I don?t see it ending any time soon.?

Viacom Exec Says No End In Sight To DirecTV Fight; Is EPIX An Issue? - Deadline.com

Now we know which side is really telling the truth.

First they say talks are moving backwards

Then they say negotiations have stopped.

Now they are saying they are negotiating every day for 10 minutes

Which is it? You would think they could at least agree on which lie to state

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts