DirecTV ditches cheapest plan for new subscribers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MitchDeerfield

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
DirecTV strikes again. Eliminates my favorite channel package. Now we have to pay for sports programming that we never watch. Big win for ESPN and Fox Sports, everyone else loses. $85 a month goes up to $97 a month.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: (((Garyd)))
DirecTV strikes again. Eliminates my favorite channel package. Now we have to pay for sports programming that we never watch. Big win for ESPN and Fox Sports, everyone else loses. $85 a month goes up to $97 a month.

Are you planning on being a new subscriber?? If not you have nothing to worry about

Reactions: Jimbo
New subscribers and existing subscribers can no longer switch to Select. No effect on Sports Lovers. I do not want to subsidize the NFL and NBA. Don't care if the Brooklyn Dodgers or St. Louis Browns win the World Series.

New subscribers and existing subscribers can no longer switch to Select. No effect on Sports Lovers. I do not want to subsidize woke flag kneelers in the NFL and NBA. Don't care if the Brooklyn Dodgers or St. Louis Browns win the World Series.
So leave directv. All your problems will be solved

And you forgot NHL. Soccer and MLB also

Reactions: AZ.
I just read another article that claims Sinclair is buying the AT&T RSNs that AT&T has been trying to peddle for quite some time. Makes me wonder if that isn’t part of whatever deal was struck.

Reactions: NashGuy
So leave directv. All your problems will be solved

And you forgot NHL. Soccer and MLB also
As long as they don't move me from Select to Entertainment pkg. I'm good. But if that should change, color me gone. Why are they forcing everyone to pay for ESPN and FS1?

ESPN and Fox Sports cost Directv at least $10 a month, maybe more. It isn't free for them. So they make $1 a month profit?

ESPN and Fox Sports cost Directv at least $10 a month, maybe more. It isn't free for them. So they make $1 a month profit?

First, none of us really know how much each channel costs any Traditional Providers, certain companies get bigger discounts then others based on sub numbers.

2nd, even if it is just a few dollars, could be millions a month depending on how many subscribe to that package.

Reactions: Jimbo
As long as they don't move me from Select to Entertainment pkg. I'm good. But if that should change, color me gone. Why are they forcing everyone to pay for ESPN and FS1?
The WILL NOT move you to a different package from where you are now ...

IF YOU MOVE from one package to another, thats on you ... you probably can't move to the Select package anyways.

Basically, if you HAVE Select package, and you move from it, you won't get it back.
If you sign up as a NEW sub (which is not you) you cannot choose the Select package.

I didn't think you could Choose that package regardless.

Reactions: MitchDeerfield
New subscribers and existing subscribers can no longer switch to Select. No effect on Sports Lovers. I do not want to subsidize the NFL and NBA. Don't care if the Brooklyn Dodgers or St. Louis Browns win the World Series.

You can cancel Directv and switch to Dish, and you don’t have to worry about paying for unwanted sports channels ever again.

I really find these threads funny in a sick way....Capitalism is awesome, till you get bit by it!
The free market is the only way, till it bites you....
Who needs regulation?

Its so obvious, but blind to the many....

Less regulation means more profit, one dont like it, then find another provider...Use the free market...
Corporations are people now....Learn it, live it, love it, embrace it,

I really find these threads funny in a sick way....Capitalism is awesome, till you get bit by it!
The free market is the only way, till it bites you....
Who needs regulation?

Its so obvious, but blind to the many....

Less regulation means more profit, one dont like it, then find another provider...Use the free market...
Corporations are people now....Learn it, live it, love it, embrace it,

I thought there was no politics in this thread. I guess if you are a left wing Democrat you can say anything you please. CUBA AND VENEZUELA FOREVER!

I fail to see the politics in his comment
Correct....But when you point out facts to someone who is ideologue, they have to make everything political...Hence the nonsensical response....Just ask Pavlov!

Direct had us sign a contract, and basically they can do anything to us...
Its not about programming only....They have stock holders that matter more....Follow the money to any corporations and why they make decisions based on profit!

It aint that hard to understand!...

Reactions: ejb1980
Well I think this thread has ran its course. Guys let's not bark at each other and so on and so forth, or there will some that will lose access to this forum. Take the petty stuff somewhere else. :)

Reactions: Jimbo and Ronnie-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)