Directv Duluth, Mn HD Locals....WHEN?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brian91

Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Virginia, Mn
Hi people am new as of today to the forum and hate to beat a dead horse, but any info on an exact date or close xto when the HD locals for Duluth, Mn will be launched...nda a waste of a big HD tv with SD localsnd its been long enough...its a big enough market.....Any info thanks Brian

Welcome to site!

You sort of answered your own question unfortunately. It's like beating a dead horse, somebody may have more details on this but I would say its prolly just a waiting game

:welcome to Satelliteguys brian91!

According to Directv's website, you should be getting your hd locals sometime this year.

Thanks for the response guys!!! Yeah i just figured its close to September and football season is near, LOL, and to have such a nce, big, hd tv with no hd locals when you pay a lot for all the services, its frusterating but there are worse things in the world... I also watch a lot on the networks too other than football...Thanks for the welcome messages, cant wait to start using the forum!!! Brian

Any chance of getting your locals with an antenna?

welcome :wave from another Duluthian (well formerly)
I see you're up on the Iron range

Unfortunately no timeframe from Directv other than "sometime in 2012"...I'm kinda hoping soon too (and really hope they add KBJR-DT2 aka My9 too for the UMD games) ;)

Any chance of getting your locals with an antenna?

Sort of. The issue is the Duluth market is really broken up into 2 parts (Duluth and the Iron Range)
The OP is in Virginia which is on the "Iron Range" and a good 60 miles from Duluth proper

The good news is there are satellite TV (repeater) stations there which are about 20 miles away
Bad news....well lets see. NBC runs the CBS station so they have CBS as a subchannel on the NBC station (along with cramming CW & MY on it too). ABC & PBS are in HD..Fox is still ANALOG (its a translator).
Seriously the setup there on one channel is
11-1 NBC in HD
11-2 CW in SD
11-3 CBS in SD
11-9 My in SD

For the OP. Checking a tvfool report for Virginia proper WIRT (ABC) and WRPT (PBS) are about 20 miles away SW from you (same tower in Hibbing)
KRII (NBC) is 30 miles to the NW (about 10 miles west of the Cook airport)
Fox is right in town but analog (so your SD version would be better). There is no permit to upgrade that (or really any of the KQDS owned Fox stations) to digital

The other issue is both KRII & WIRT run on VHF (11 & 13) and the towers are 90 degrees off from each other so there may be an issue there too.
Trying to get Duluth stations is a good 60 miles away and according to tvfool are all in the negative.

This is one of those areas where locals in HD on satellite is almost a necessity

Any updates on the Duluth, MN local HD issue? Direct site still has 2012 listed but were running out of 2012 time pretty quick.
If not a "move" might be my only option, I know Mpls/St. Paul locals wouls be a possibility.
Do you call and provide an address and that's it?

I dont see any update other than "sometime in 2012"

If not a "move" might be my only option, I know Mpls/St. Paul locals wouls be a possibility.
Do you call and provide an address and that's it?
pretty much. One note the Mpls DMA is HUGE so it doesnt have to be Minneapolis proper. Going down 35 Pine County is in the Mpls DMA as is Aitkin County going west of you.
We've got almost all the stations in HD. The only station that broadcasts in HD that we dont have in HD is KSTC45.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts