DirecTV DVR problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Broken

Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I got a DVR earlier this year. It has been working fine but recently I have been experiencing some weird things. I have noticed that around the same time (10am, 3am) That the record button lights up. But I go to manage recordings and nothing is recording. Why does that happen? Also when these "invisible recordings" happen I get a message of "not enough space delete old recording or stop recording message. I also get that sometimes with my programmed recordings even though I clearly have 20% recording space. So what is wrong? Is the DVR defective? Or am I doing something wrong?

Sorry I forgot to say I have a R15-100 model DirecTV DVR with 0x121C upgrade.

The 3am "record light" may in fact be the automatic update stream coming from D* to your box. This is for software/firmware updates and will not show in the Playlist. The other recording may be the box trying to pre-record PPV for you. I don't have the R15, so this is speculating: when you press LIST, does the screen show two tabs...Recorded Programs and something like "Showcases"? If so, have you looked in the Showcase folder to see if anything has recorded there?

Apt...There is like two or three things. It's weird because I don't even buy PPVs or movies. Just wrestling shows and tv shows.

GuapoHarry. That has certain helped. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)