Directv DVR R10 No dial tone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

traceyc70

Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
I have a Directv DVR R10 (just purchased it) and I was able to initially connect it with Vonage through wireless jacks and prefix dialing. The initial set up went through and now I can not get it to make a call. It is dialing out throught the wireless jack but it says "can not connect." Any suggestions?

Thanks.

It doesn't need to call in after the initial setup.

If you disconnect the line, it will merely give you a one-click nag screen once a day.

what H said is true... except for the software download (if you jsut got it it will need the download) after that your golden. however her eis the thing... the modems in these have a hard time with vonage and a hard time with wireless jacks. put that together and youve got a 1 in 40 chance of it working. my advice would be to run a really long phone cord just for the initial setup then ditch the phone cord all together.

Don't use the cheap 2 wire phone cord supplied with the R-10 either. Mine wouldn't work with Vonage. I got a 4 wire cord and it works about 60% of the time now. I just manually connect to the DVR service about once a month, or when the first nag screen shows up.

kbohip said:
Don't use the cheap 2 wire phone cord supplied with the R-10 either. Mine wouldn't work with Vonage. I got a 4 wire cord and it works about 60% of the time now. I just manually connect to the DVR service about once a month, or when the first nag screen shows up.

Um... the 2 wire vs 4 wire cord shouldnt make any difference... only the middle 2 are used...

regardless... good luck

Yes the center pair is the only conductor used. BUT the cheap silver junk sent with some phone gear is literally a silver foil wrapped around a plastic core. This type of "silver satin" will appear to work sometimes and your mileage may be very bad..........;-)

with that type you need REAL good luck!

nater

nater said:
Yes the center pair is the only conductor used. BUT the cheap silver junk sent with some phone gear is literally a silver foil wrapped around a plastic core. This type of "silver satin" will appear to work sometimes and your mileage may be very bad..........;-)

with that type you need REAL good luck!

nater

hey thanks i didnt know that.

all my cabvles are custom anyway... no need to use the 80 foot ones out of the box when my 4 foot ones work fine... unfortunately not everyone has a jack wired in with every tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)