DirecTv + DVR reciever installation problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fire300

Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
i just got my new reciever http://roxsat.com/shop/images/large_372_hr21L.jpg but setup stops at "Searching for signal on Satellite In 2...(771)" . I have an 18" round dish. From my lnb i have my cable connected into a "B band Converter (BBC) Module" that is connected in tuner 1 at back of reciever (y i dont know it came with reciever so i just plugged it in) anyway so when i press menu the only two option that i can select which are 'signal strength' and 'repeat satellite setup' i go into signal strength and it starts to scan transponders on Satellite 101 from 1-32...results all 0 except transponder 23 which showed (25) and 27 which showed (97). Satellite 110 scan and showed N/A on all transponders except 3 that were all zero's. Satellite 119 scan and showed N/A on most transponders and the others were same results as that of Satellite 101. What does the 97 mean that am seeing on transponder 27 which show up after both Satellite 101 & 119 complete scanning, isn't that signal and if so why is reciever saying it cant find any. please help

Last edited:
18" dish = single LNB = one satellite. Maybe redo your satellite setup? I don't think you'll need the B-band converter either. YMMV.

GL, Eric

I suggest you find the "return" key and break up your original post into 2 or 3 paragraphs. It's unreadable in block of text, probably more so because of the bold font.

The first thing the OP needs to do is get a Slimline dish. With the single LNB dish and having the receiver set to a multisat dish, it's not displaying the signal strengths correctly. Not to mention that it can't receive more than one sat.

In the meantime he needs to rerun sat setup and select the single 18" dish. And with that, the BBC isn't needed.

At least the OP didn't make it all CAPS. :)

Last edited:
I think the receiver I saw in the picture needs to be used with a new kind of dish. The installer brought my reeiver like that and put a new thing on the roof for it.

A guys thanks for all ur input...but i got it up and running with my 18" dish...just had to point it to sat101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)