Directv Dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
I want Directv DVR so bad, but my house is build kinda funny with no basement on one side of my house, is there anyway i can use a splitter to hook up the DVR? or why not
thanks

I want Directv DVR so bad, but my house is build kinda funny with no basement on one side of my house, is there anyway i can use a splitter to hook up the DVR? or why not
thanks

If your trying to use one feed from the LNB and split it , that will NOT work.
Why,
Each line is for different voltage,if you put a splitter in the line the rec. gets the wrong amount of voltage and doesn't chose the proper channel you are looking for.

You need 2 lines to the DVR if you want it to work as a DVR is designed too.

Jimbo

no, in my room and they told me it would cost and take 7 hr to do,so, i kind stuck,oh well

This would be a case I'd just wait a couple more months until the single wire multiswitch comes out. This device will allow "one" cable run to enable dual tuner usage on just the HR20 HD DVR. At the present time it will not work with the SD DVR box currently available at least not for dual tuner usage with one cable. So if you have a multiswitch installed today just wait until the new one comes out and you should have your problem fixed.

This would be a case I'd just wait a couple more months until the single wire multiswitch comes out. This device will allow "one" cable run to enable dual tuner usage on just the HR20 HD DVR. At the present time it will not work with the SD DVR box currently available at least not for dual tuner usage with one cable. So if you have a multiswitch installed today just wait until the new one comes out and you should have your problem fixed.
will the single wire multiswitch work with out a HD set up?

will the single wire multiswitch work with out a HD set up?

I believe it has two legacy ports that will work with any box DirecTV carries. Once you have one legacy port used with a cable run you can at that point use a normal splitter to create two cables just like you can with cable. Either way for what you want you will need the new SWM.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

When to buy Direct?

Sending Signal From Dvr To 2nd Room - Diplex?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)