Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Saw the commercial with the son and father last night for the DVR...A bit cheesy I may add, some talk about the features would have been nice. I went to the directv site, they hve an area for the new DVR, but I think its a bit confusing, looks like they talk about their DVR but still sell the TIVO, model. I know its not to come out for a few more weeks, I think?..Still a bit confusing on the site.

Has anyone heard if the recording and set up of shows is as easy as TIVO, If I was to change, I hope the Directv version would be as user friendly as the TIVO model.

I saw that commercial too last night. Is that snap your fingers to pause and start the DVR real or made up? They didn't say one way or the other, and it got me wondering.

jollygrunt said:
I saw that commercial too last night. Is that snap your fingers to pause and start the DVR real or made up? They didn't say one way or the other, and it got me wondering.

Nawh, he was using the remote control. He was just trying to impress his young son with his "magic". :)

I recently contacted directv about changing to their DVR, they of course want to send a tech out as they do not mail out their equipment, I am thinking that since I have a Tivo model already, I basiclly am swapping out one and reinstalling another?....Would it be wise to wait untill they get in stock at the stores?? or is there more to the install of the new reciever other then calling in the new card

They require professional installation of "Advanced" Receivers ordered from D* directly.
(That is to say, HD and/or DVR.)

The swap is just as easy as you describe. Unplug old RG6, unplug old receiver, remove old receiver, plug in rg6, plug in power, boot up, call to have new access card activated.

Ordering from ValueElectronics or picking one up in store should let you avoid the required install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Line of Sight: modifications?

Waivers and new address

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)