Directv employee stealing from home in MD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"kcaudiofx" Maybe this is waaaaaaay off the subject, but I am almost willing to bet anything this guy had a clean record"""
Well Yea, the guy with a record never would have gotton the job in the first place.:)

But Theft is Theft, I have NO respect for any thief, I don't care if it was his first time , 10th or 30th.

And these are the companys that we are letting in our homes, It makes them look bad.

Even if it "not Directvs fault" the tech is installing and representing D* equipment and service.
Just the same as ALL SUB CONTRACTORS ARE PAID TO DO!

Maybe this is waaaaaaay off the subject, but I am almost willing to bet anything this guy had a clean record, MOST the time, people who would technically fail a BG Check is because of something happened long time ago, EVERYONE has done something stupid in their life, but some just got caught doing it and most didn't. If a guy got caught stealing back in 1980, why punish him 31 years later? It happens.. Just had to throw that out there..

I think your comment IS the subject.

Why post another item about some tech screwing up unless the implication that goes with it is really the message? I think the bigger question is: How do you predict future performance from past behavior?"

Prisons do not reform...they are the graduate school for criminals. Background checks and security clearances are not a predictor. Until something comes along that is a true predictor we all just work the numbers and assume that someone who never got caught is probably ok.

Joe

Maybe this is waaaaaaay off the subject, but I am almost willing to bet anything this guy had a clean record, MOST the time, people who would technically fail a BG Check is because of something happened long time ago, EVERYONE has done something stupid in their life, but some just got caught doing it and most didn't. If a guy got caught stealing back in 1980, why punish him 31 years later? It happens.. Just had to throw that out there..

surprisingly he has a pretty extensive record based on public records:
Maryland Judiciary Case Search=

some theft and violence convictions dating back almost 10 years, plus the most recent charges that were talked about earlier. Must have slipped through the screening process. It probably happens more often than we think. I will definately be more aware when/if i need a tech to come to my house

Maryland Judiciary Case Search=

some theft and violence convictions dating back almost 10 years, plus the most recent charges that were talked about earlier. Must have slipped through the screening process. It probably happens more often than we think. I will definately be more aware when/if i need a tech to come to my house

I know it surprised me!

When I tried to collect a judgment against a DirectSatUSA subcontractor I used that site to find the guy. While he didn't have anything dangerous there were enough financial things to raise a flag. If I had checked there before doing any work I would be about four grand ahead and someone else would have probably been screwed.

But, again, even the back ground thing is no predictor. The lowest recidivism rate is for the worst crime. A single murder will most probably not be repeated. Drugs and theft go hand in hand. Poor education and crappy parenting are a predictor of low income and often petty crime.

Hard to predict! The oldest question has always been...... who do we let into our cave for the night?

Joe

. Must have slipped through the screening process. It probably happens more often than we think.
Yep , so who is to blaim?:)

Guess D* should Scan their Subcontractors a little better before turning them animals loose in our homes.

So now since this isn't D* fault,:rolleyes: Lets hear what measures D* takes in hiring subcontractors?

I bet NOTHING! Best price gets the job.:rolleyes:

I know for a fact Our local Cable company does Random Drug testing and any Criminal Backround what so ever, even DUI, will terminate your job or prevent you from being employed by them.

Now their Subs, Who knows?:confused:

They also don't sub out all their work in my area,
D* has not 1 D* employee installing equipment in my area.
They are all subs!

"You took your son to work?"

I did for years,
As a contractor you are more on your own. As I said, he was my inside man. For safety reasons I never took him on roofs. He knew more about individual TV models and VCRS etc. than most customers. I would meet with the customer and place new receivers where they would go. By the time I had the dish wired to a ground block...he had inside receivers connected and often new wire run to the same point.

It worked great for several years.

Joe

Gotcha, so he was working for you, when you first posted I was thinking child. :eek:

There are crooks in every profession. DirecTV or any other satellite/cable company is no different. You do your best to background check these folks, but one will always slip through. It's best to lock up the valuables and supervise folk that are in your house.

Yup, you could say that about ANY company that does any work in your home.

It doesn't happen often, but occasionally.

I'm in peoples homes on EVERY JOB I do, well, 70% anyways,and always talk to the sub which in turn usually ends up IN the house.
Unless it's cold and snowing or a torrential downpour, THEN they WON'T let you in .... Go Figure.

EVERY time I go to a subs home, I'm either fixing or installing, so the sub is better off than when I got there.

It amazes me at the people that question us showing up at the door, seeing we call you ahead of time AND THEY are the ones that called US out in the first place, I just tell them,that we don't just show up, they have to call .... how did WE know they were having trouble if they didn't CALL first !

jacobm69,

NOBODY here is DEFENDING the guy that stole the stuff, were simply stating that it is something that could happen in ANY profession that involves people coming into your homes.

If you look around theres stories in every profession like this, IF you look.

Nobody said it's alright to do this and Nobody said it was no big deal and that 50K was not a lot of money.

Personally, I don't believe the part about him stealing 50K, but thats just me.

Fwiw, this isn't really D* News, it's theft news.

"kcaudiofx" Maybe this is waaaaaaay off the subject, but I am almost willing to bet anything this guy had a clean record"""
Well Yea, the guy with a record never would have gotton the job in the first place.:)

But Theft is Theft, I have NO respect for any thief, I don't care if it was his first time , 10th or 30th.

And these are the companys that we are letting in our homes, It makes them look bad.

Even if it "not Directvs fault" the tech is installing and representing D* equipment and service.
Just the same as ALL SUB CONTRACTORS ARE PAID TO DO!

How do we know that the guy was not working for a contractor that installs D* and E* as well as other services, the local cable company has several different contractors and have several different services done by said contractor.
Just because he may have been installing D* at the time ....
Like we all have said, it's the crime, not what company was involved.

Yep , so who is to blaim?:)

Guess D* should Scan their Subcontractors a little better before turning them animals loose in our homes.

So now since this isn't D* fault,:rolleyes: Lets hear what measures D* takes in hiring subcontractors?

I bet NOTHING! Best price gets the job.:rolleyes:

I know for a fact Our local Cable company does Random Drug testing and any Criminal Backround what so ever, even DUI, will terminate your job or prevent you from being employed by them.

Now their Subs, Who knows?:confused:

They also don't sub out all their work in my area,
They are all subs!

This is interesting ....

"I know for a fact Our local Cable company does Random Drug testing and any Criminal Backround what so ever, even DUI, will terminate your job or prevent you from being employed by them."

So this must mean that there is ZERO chance of ever having any issues with theft in this case, right ?

And

"They also don't sub out all their work in my area,
They are all subs!"

Of course they are company people in your area, your Local Cable company isn't NATIONWIDE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts