Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
According to Ch 288: "GNS Game Lounge service will end 3/6."

I say, bout time they got rid of that waste of bandwidth.

Then maybe they can add more hd channels :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I don't think it is that much bandwith, but it may give them a little flexibility on the 101 satellite that houses the SD channels, which is crammed full to say the least (why SD looks so poor compared to other providers SD channels, too much compression).

I thought we knew about this earlier...hence the HR34 software update to remove game lounge ;)

yeah the bandwidth it uses is minimal

I wish they would also free up some bandwidth by getting rid of all the junk infomercial channels.

those channels are duplicated numerous times (different numbers) so there may be 25 channels but it is only say 4 or 5. They're spread across both 101 & 119

Again we're dealing with minimal bandwidth

looking at the charts there are 34 channels that are the knockoff shopping channels (channels like ShopNBC, QVC, HSN exempt)

after the dupes there are 20 of them spread across 11 transponders. TP24 has 5 of them (9 with dupes). ALot of the TP's only have 1 channel on them so what SD channel would Directv add if they "Removed them?"

looking at the charts there are 34 channels that are the knockoff shopping channels (channels like ShopNBC, QVC, HSN exempt)

after the dupes there are 20 of them spread across 11 transponders. TP24 has 5 of them (9 with dupes). ALot of the TP's only have 1 channel on them so what SD channel would Directv add if they "Removed them?"

From what I see in the "other forum" they're adding two new Spanish SD channels plus 1 HD channel on 119

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

My son & his tribe went to the home of one of their members who had the game thing on Directv. The next week they were all back in his room playing xBox & stuff with players all over the world. Their summary = "it sucked too much to do again " They migrated back to their old club house. I was invited me to go over and play the Game Lounge with the parents of one of their number...nobody was using it. Plz order & pay fer the pizza before leaving and by the way the car is low on fuel.

So now I can get both the Amish and New England Quilting Channels!

Joe

so what SD channel would Directv add if they "Removed them?"

A little less compression and better picture would be nice, especially on the channels that don't have an HD version. Some of DirecTV's SD channels look terrible with any kind of motion.

A little less compression and better picture would be nice, especially on the channels that don't have an HD version. Some of DirecTV's SD channels look terrible with any kind of motion.

That's pretty much what I was going to say.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)