DirecTV errors after new software download

timoku

Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hello. I had a DirecTV system with a Hughes DVR. All worked fine until October 8, 2004, when a message prompted me to make a daily call. The call that I made resulted in a new software [version d] being downloaded and installed. Once the system installed version d I had nothing but problems. Most channels would not come in--about the only ones that would come in were Ted Turner owned [not implying anything, just adding facts :D ] I called DirecTV tech support on October 11th [giving them the benefit of the doubt on the days in between that tropical storm Matthew was causing it] and after a few maneuvers it started working again. Alas, it only lasted about an hour and we were right back where we had been. After nearly a week of the Weather Channel I was fed up. I like the Weather Channel, don't get me wrong, but a whole week of it and almost nothing else? :eek: I called back that night and basically was lied to. The support person said that a patch would download at 2am and it would fix it. Well, no patch downloaded and nothing was fixed. I called back during normal business hours the next day, Tuesday, and was told that a new DVR was being sent to me. I got the new Philips receiver on Thursday and it worked fine--until the dang thing downloaded version d that night and it too stopped working properly! :shocked A call to customer support and a few maneuvers and it was working again--for the time being. A couple hours later it messed up again. I am at my wits end with this nonsense. I do not understand why DirecTV keeps downloading software onto systems when they know it will crash them! I was beginning to think that a hacker infiltrated their system and put a virus on it for customers to download, but they say that one of their people wrote version d. Why on earth do they not take it off the system until they get it right? Why do they keep crashing systems with it? I'm tired of this and I would like to be able to watch my chosen channels again and take advantage of the features that I am paying for!

:mad: timoku getting angry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)