Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
While it has not been officially announced, I have received the details of DirecTV's Fall New Subscriber offer...

NFL Sunday Ticket Package
Get 4 Months Total Choice Premier FREE when you purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket for $249 (or 4 payments of $62.25)
Customer must commit to 12 month any Total Choice or Para Todos package.
Customer must call in to downgrade if they don't they will continue to get the Total Choice Premier Package.
If customer decides to cancel service within 1 year they must return equipment to avoid a $150 charge.

The promotion is scheduled to start on July 18th 2004.

There you go from your friends at SatelliteGuys.US!

This sounds like a pretty good deal. One question, if I sign up before July 18 under the current promotion, will I be able to take advantage of the new promotion? Is there a 30 day trial period for DirecTV? If there is, could I use this as leverage to "switch" promotions?

022266 said:
What is the price of NFL Sunday Ticket Package by itself with basic total choice package?

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is still $62.25/month or $225.00 one-time payment wherether you take TC Premier or not. ;)

How about something for those of use that don't give a Rat's about Football...

MikeD-C05 said:
Most customers who don't care about football sub to Dish like me. :p
I strongly disagree there...I don't want to have to reboot my receiver to watch TV. I don't care for any sport except Nascar but I find D* has the edge on hardware. You just can't beat Tivo right now...

That sounds pretty sweet to me...

So let's see Sunday ticket is $249

And the credits for Premier are 363.96

Now if only there would be a reduction in the HD-DVR

But is the Premier with locals free or only Premier and you'd have to pay another $3 for locals

BFG said:
That sounds pretty sweet to me...

So let's see Sunday ticket is $249

And the credits for Premier are 363.96

Now if only there would be a reduction in the HD-DVR

But is the Premier with locals free or only Premier and you'd have to pay another $3 for locals

Locals are included in the deal! :yes

The point of clarity here:

If you don't care about football, you still receive the best package at a much lower cost even if you never switch the first football game on.

There will be 4 games per week on Sunday on the NFL Sunday ticket broadcast in HDTV exclusively on DIRECTV.

There will be a VERY aggressive HDTV promotion run congruently with the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Dangit... now I'm forced to wait until July 18th to sign up for my new Directv package. I was about to pull the plug today... glad I caught this thread.

glad I cought it too. I was going to activate for HD. I can't find any lease on the HD rcvr, is their any or are we out $400 up front.

What's the word on the rcvr, tons of problems or OK?

Jeep4xfun said:
There will be a VERY aggressive HDTV promotion run congruently with the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Oh? :) This is the part I'm interested in, as their pricing for HD boxes is way too high when compared to the competition.

hancox said:
Oh? :) This is the part I'm interested in, as their pricing for HD boxes is way too high when compared to the competition.
But can the competetion offer the NFL Sunday Ticket and the HD broadcasts? :)

Sunday Ticket - couldn't care less...

HD Broadcasts - whatever. E* and D* are close enough to equals in this regard (for now)

I just want to know if D* will get new sub programs similar to E* and V* any time soon. (for HD)

Four Free Months Offer
Starts July 17
This fall your customers can go everywhere the action is with our 2004 Four Free Months Offer — 4 FREE Months of TOTAL CHOICE® PREMIER with Local Channels programming — a value of over $360! It’s exclusive entertainment your customers can’t pass up! Please use the enclosed advertising materials to promote this great value to your local market.

OFFER DETAILS:
New residential customers who purchase any DIRECTV® System from a participating retailer between July 18 and October 30, 2004 and

Subscribe to 2004 NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ (4 payments of $62.25),
Activate TOTAL CHOICE® PREMIER with Local Channels programming ($90.99/mo.) and
Commit to 12 consecutive months of any TOTAL CHOICE programming package ($36.99/mo. or above) or any DIRECTV PARA TODOS® programming package ($26.99/mo. or above)
Receive four (4) FREE months of our best programming package — TOTAL CHOICE® PREMIER with Local Channels, including: 7 HBO® Channels, 12 STARZ Super Pak® Channels, 9 SHOWTIME UNLIMITED® Channels, 3 Cinemax® Channels, over 25 SPORTS Pack channels and over 140 popular entertainment channels like Fox News Channel, USA Network and ESPN. That’s more than 205 channels and over $360 of FREE programming.
Customers not residing in a local channels market must activate the TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER programming package ($87.99/mo.) to take advantage of the offer.

ACTIVATION OF PROGRAMMING MAY BE SUBJECT TO CREDIT APPROVAL AND REQUIRES VALID SERVICE ADDRESS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND/OR MAJOR CREDIT CARD. DEPOSIT OR PREPAYMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. THIS OFFER MAY NOT BE VALID IN THE LIMITED AREAS SERVED BY MEMBERS OR AFFILIATES OF THE NATIONAL RURAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COOPERATIVE (NRTC). IN THESE AREAS, PRICING AND PROGRAMMING MAY DIFFER FROM THAT DESCRIBED HEREIN. PROGRAMMING FEE FOR EACH ADDITIONAL RECEIVER $4.99/MO. IF ALL RECEIVERS CONTINUOUSLY CONNECTED TO THE SAME LAND-BASED PHONE LINE.

OFFER FULFILLMENT:
Qualified customers accepting the offer will automatically receive their first four months of the TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER with Local Channels package for FREE after activation. In the fifth month, their TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER with Local Channels programming subscription will roll to a payable monthly charge of $90.99 ($87.99 without Local Channels) unless customer calls to change service. Customers must activate programming within 30 days of system purchase. Customer must commit to and pay for 12 consecutive months of any TOTAL CHOICE programming package ($36.99/mo. or above) or any DIRECTV PARA TODOS programming package ($26.99/mo. or above). For new residential customers only. Blackout rules and other conditions apply. Offer void in Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted. NFL SUNDAY TICKET automatically continues each year at a special renewal rate, provided DIRECTV carries this service, unless customer calls to cancel prior to the start of the season. Qualified customers are only eligible to receive one national offer at activation. Once offer has expired it is no longer valid.

In markets where local channels are currently not available, we recommend highlighting the great entertainment value of getting four months free of the TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER package which includes more than 200 channels for only $87.99 per month.

DIRECTV PROGRAMMING AND PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. A FEE OF $150 WILL BE CHARGED, AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES, FOR EACH DIRECTV RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE DATE. IF CUSTOMER FAILS TO MAINTAIN AND PAY FOR 12 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS OF THE REQUIRED PROGRAMMING PACKAGE, CUSTOMER AGREES THAT DIRECTV MAY CHARGE THE CUSTOMER A PRORATED FEE OF UP TO $150. Within 14 days of downgrading programming, customer has an option to send all DIRECTV System equipment (receiver, remote control) to DIRECTV in lieu of this payment. The equipment, including the access card inserted into each DIRECTV System receiver unit, must be returned to DIRECTV in good working order, normal wear and tear excepted. Customer can see DIRECTV.com or call 1-800-DIRECTV for details.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET DETAILS:
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ consists of Sunday games broadcast on FOX and CBS at 1pm and 4pm EST (Blackout restrictions apply). Games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS station may not be available on NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Tune to your local FOX or CBS station to view these games. With the biggest selection of NFL games available anywhere you can see the best plays, last second drives and season defining moments live on NFL SUNDAY TICKET. NFL SUNDAY TICKET is only available from DIRECTV.

ADVERTISING GUIDELINES/NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND DIRECTV RESTRICTIONS:
NFL SUNDAY TICKET and the NFL are well-known brand names that can immediately capture a customer’s attention. In exchange for the opportunity to use these logos and images in your advertising, you may not use any other NFL marks, logos, photos, footage or merchandise in advertising without the prior written approval of authorized NFL and DIRECTV representatives. In addition, you must adhere to the following guidelines:

ALL advertising and promotions that feature any NFL player, team logos, or NFL SUNDAY TICKET marks must be submitted to DIRECTV for written approval. Please submit your ad layouts to your DIRECTV account representative who will coordinate the necessary approvals with the NFL for you. Be sure to allow 10 business days to complete the first pass of the approval process. No “rush” approvals will be accommodated.

All ads must include the legal lines (in their entirety) contained in the ad slicks you received.

Ad slicks must be used in their entirety and cannot be altered in any way.

NFL marks, logos, photos, etc., cannot be used to endorse ANY product other than NFL SUNDAY TICKET on DIRECTV® service.

Use supplied images from pre-approved CD only. NFL player images may not be used without prior written approval from authorized NFL and DIRECTV representatives. The Players Inc. logo must be included on materials where an NFL player image is used. Again, all NFL approvals must be coordinated through your DIRECTV account representative.

The credit “© NFL photos” must be included on all reproductions of the photos.

The photos cannot be cropped, all players must appear.

Never position your company name and/or logo to imply an NFL license or endorsement: e.g., “DIRECTVÒ service and NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ available at RETAILER” is more acceptable than “RETAILER is your source for DIRECTV® service and NFL SUNDAY TICKET™.”

DIRECTV® System equipment shown must be generic (no manufacturer logo). All hardware images should carry no manufacturer branding – only the DIRECTV logo.

Nothing (including, but not limited to NFL-licensed apparel [i.e., hats, t-shirts, jerseys, etc.]) can be given away as a “gift with purchase” with any DIRECTV product.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ from DIRECTV ad space must be clearly delineated away from other products.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts