DirecTV First Quarter Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott, why don't you used the $'s you were spending on U-Verse and get a HR20:D I know you've said in the past that you hate them but in the interest of fair and balanced reporting maybe it's time you buried the hatchet just so you have some first hand knowledge.

As for the other site releasing prerelease info I really haven't see that being done on the D* side of the site.

Here is an example:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=83951 Still cant buy one they won't be available to dealers until June.

Guess I didn't think of that because the folks testing it indicated that they didn't have to sign any NDA's in order to participate in the testing. I guess you can say then that I'm discussing prerelease info since I participate in the HR20 early software release testing.

Let's see... The "other guys" get equipment for evaluation form an unnamed source at D*. You get personal interviews with Charlie Ergen, get to present him with an award and get invited to all the E* functions that the "great unwashed" never get to set foot into. Yet it's the "other guys" that are in bed with D* and you that are "independent"?

Let's see... The "other guys" get equipment for evaluation form an unnamed source at D*. You get personal interviews with Charlie Ergen, get to present him with an award and get invited to all the E* functions that the "great unwashed" never get to set foot into. Yet it's the "other guys" that are in bed with D* and you that are "independent"?

Face it, D* can't win. For years folks have said to get more of the public involved in testing of new hardware and software to help prevent national distribution of a POS. So D* listens and uses the other site to do what folks have asked for and the other site is a bunch of lackies for doing what we've been asking for.

Follow the money. If Charlie paid Scott's way down to Atlanta and to Dallas, I'll say you've got a point. If not, then yes, Scott is "independent". Scott, IMHO, is acting as a reporter. DBStalk is a paid mouthpiece.

Follow the money. If Charlie paid Scott's way down to Atlanta and to Dallas, I'll say you've got a point. If not, then yes, Scott is "independent". Scott, IMHO, is acting as a reporter. DBStalk is a paid mouthpiece.

Man I wish Charlie paid me to go to Atlanta or Dallas. But honestly all that money came out of my own pocket to bring these things to you.

Hell even our meeting with Charlie cost me clost to $1,400 for the room and catering

Folks still dont understand that I put more into the board then I make from it, yet in that The joy doing this board more then makes up for it in the long run. For me this is my hobby, a hobby I love. And if you know me, you know that I don't drink or smoke, I don't bowl, dont go out playing cards. My hobby is Satellite TV. And yes I am an addict.

(Hi my name is Scott and I am a Satellite TV Technology addict) :D

Why do I do it? Its because I love this industry and technology and I love helping others learn about it more. If I am doing that I am happy. :)

I will tell you what if I could get a HR 20 and subscribe to DirecTV without a 2 year commitment I would do it. In all honesty I HATE not knowing whats going on at DirecTV. When people talk to me about DirecTV I feel lost with no clue what they are saying.

Its a good thing I got a loving wife who understand my addiction. :D

I don't come here trying to win OR lose. And there is no denying the very pro-DISH slant here.
(I know your not flaming me) Again to make the record straight, I cover Dish Network as its what I have. If you know someone who would be great to help us beef up our DirecTV area please let me know we would love to have them on our team. :)

hey, i'm trying to do the best i can with directv. but obviously, i have medical concerns that have a tad higher priority in my life than my av toys.

I will tell you what if I could get a HR 20 and subscribe to DirecTV without a 2 year commitment I would do it. In all honesty I HATE not knowing whats going on at DirecTV. When people talk to me about DirecTV I feel lost with no clue what they are saying.

What's your issue with the 2 year commitment? Remember, you can always cancel early and pay no more then $300. IMHO a lot more people would benefit from the dollars spent on that vs. what you spent on the real time web broadcast of the satellite pioneer dinner.

someone blow a whistle and stop the insanity.

Im as big a fanboy of D* as anyone. D* works for me. They have the programming I like! Noone can argue with that.

With that being said Ive thought about this little D* vs E* and Scott this and DBSTalk that.

Ive come to my own conclusion.

Scott has fantastic connections with E* and a great relationship with them and should use all of his connections to get as much information as possible.

This website isnt the freaken NY Times. Its a site that a guy runs to help people with satellite questions. In this case his connections are with E*. Most of his sponsors target E* customers. It behooves him to make sure his E* section is complete and in this case noone on the net can touch him.

Scott is under no obligation to sub to D*. We arent obliged to come here either. Noone makes us read the info here. Noone forces us to this site. We come because we choose too.

DBStalk has the same type of relationship with D*. Those guys there should milk their sources for all they are worth.

What does irk me is the pissing contests that rad talks about.

Everytime there is a D* thread with compliments the E* stooges come a runnin and a hollering cutting it down.

LIKEWISE I read a few E* threads and I saw some D* stooges doing the same crap.

The choice is up to the consumer to come in here and wade through the stuff thats hyperbole and the stuff thats actual decent information.

IMHO wait 3 years and both companies will be neck and neck in what they offer. (Ofcourse D* will be slightly ahead!):D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)