Directv for travel trailer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tambarnc

Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
Wilmington, NC
We just bought a fifth wheel travel trailer. We are directv residential customers and want to be able to get same while we are out camping. Will Directv install a dish on a tripod for us? We don't want one that mounts on the camper. Can we buy our own dish and borrow a receiver from our home to use while traveling?

let me clarify

I want to clarify that I don't plan to steal service. If we have to create a new account with directv that's fine. What I want to know is how to get a dish on a tripod that is mobile.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!
I returned a week ago from 5 days of camping using one of my Directv receivers, you can get a tripod from Radio Shack that will work and can get a dish from one of our Gold Sponsors (at the top of the page) or e-bay that will work, will you be taking an HD Receiver?

yes I have an extra hd receiver in my home that i will be taking. What type of dish should I get? I am new at this. I have seen the Slimline swn, 3lnb, 5lnb. I have no clue

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!
I returned a week ago from 5 days of camping using one of my Directv receivers, you can get a tripod from Radio Shack that will work and can get a dish from one of our Gold Sponsors (at the top of the page) or e-bay that will work, will you be taking an HD Receiver?
ok I think I just found what I need, the tailgating kit. I will be borrowing my hd recevier from home

may we see whats included in your tailgating kit just to be sure you actually need everything? dont want you buying what you dont need. also is highdef required for your camper? because directv will not come out to peak a tripod for you while camping... if you find a tech close to the area, he may for like 20 dollars or so just to cover gas, but the sd dish (18x20) will pick up a select few hd channels and is relatively simple to align for a first timer, and a simple process nonetheless otherwise.

I have HD in my Motorhome. I bought a surveyors tripod and mounted a SWM-3 with a slimline dish on the tripod. I can get it aligned and ready to go in about 15 minutes. Signal in high 80's to high 90's on 99,101 and 103. What I did was buy a new R-22 downloaded the software to make it HD and put it in the Motorhome. I don't move it to the house, just pay the $5 every month.
Joe

ok I think I just found what I need, the tailgating kit. I will be borrowing my hd recevier from home

Unless you have a TV larger than 32", you will be taking MUCH more time and trouble than necessary going HD. I tailgate with a simple SD dish and receiver and can set it up in (literally) 3 minutes. Yes, it's not as good on my 32" Vizio LCD as HD would be but at that size screen it's pretty close. I've been doing this for 5 yrs. now and still don't do HD. Maybe it'd be worth it but with all the noise and bustle of a tailgate, I'm taking a pass. I guess if you're gonna be in one place for a week it'd be worth the time/trouble. But as others have said, do a FULL dry run while you're still home. Good Luck though:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How can i split a DirecTV HR-20 to 4 other TV

buying a Leased box???????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)