DirecTV: Free DVRs for Everybody

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess this counts as being a bit of a disappointment. Not free to all. Not an HD DVR. and the monthky fee is $1.00 higher than it was before.

asousa said:
no, conventional splitters cannot be used with satellite systems. You will need to run a cable from the dish or you will need special multiplexers (or is it diplexers?) to split the cable.

Correct splitters will not work for an additonal run. Actually, stackers and destackers can be used, if you are trying to run 2 lines down 1 coax in a D* sat system. They are mucho $'s though. Much easier and cheaper to just run another coax to the location.

Geronimo said:
I guess this counts as being a bit of a disappointment. Not free to all. Not an HD DVR. and the monthky fee is $1.00 higher than it was before.

And after I just called them a minute ago I was also pretty disappointed. The CSR told me that I'd have to have a 2 year commitment with them. NO WAY :no ! with that kind of commitment I'd want the HD DVR for free and not just $100 mail in rebate!!!

This is the deal I have been waiting for, with the free DVR and the Sunday Ticket package. My question is will I get the new DVR box that is suppose to be out, I think it is the R15? Or will I have to wait to order until they start shipping that unit. I also do not mind the 2 year commitment as long as the Sunday Ticket stays with D* during that time.

Thanks,

CEV

D* Hd Sucks!

I just re-subscribed to D* HDef.

For $20.00 total extra per month, I get FIVE, repeat FIVE
channels in the HD list!

And watching Sunrise Earth OVER and OVER is about as exciting as watching the grass grow (I don't have to pay to watch the grass grow).

Most of the channels only carry A FEW HD programs and repeat them OVER and OVER.

Well, here goes my speed dial to D* to cancel this crap.

oldguy1 said:
I just re-subscribed to D* HDef.

For $20.00 total extra per month, I get FIVE, repeat FIVE
channels in the HD list!

And watching Sunrise Earth OVER and OVER is about as exciting as watching the grass grow (I don't have to pay to watch the grass grow).

Most of the channels only carry A FEW HD programs and repeat them OVER and OVER.

Well, here goes my speed dial to D* to cancel this crap.

I agree that D* current HD lineup is definitely lacking, but if you are paying $20 per month you are definitely getting screwed. Everyone else here pays $10.99 per month

CEV said:
My question is will I get the new DVR box that is suppose to be out, I think it is the R15? Or will I have to wait to order until they start shipping that unit.Thanks,

CEV

That's my question too. When I called Directv, the rep said I couldn't select the unit, just take what they sent and wouldn't verify which it would be.
But I want the r15! So the only way to be certain I get that one is to purchase somewhere other than Dtv, I guess? The valueelectronics page said that's for private forum members only. What does that mean? And how do I take advantage of this deal?!? :D TIA!

skai said:
That's my question too. When I called Directv, the rep said I couldn't select the unit, just take what they sent and wouldn't verify which it would be.
But I want the r15! So the only way to be certain I get that one is to purchase somewhere other than Dtv, I guess? The valueelectronics page said that's for private forum members only. What does that mean? And how do I take advantage of this deal?!? :D TIA!

Private forum members means us.... :) Call VE, they will send you exactly what you ask for and you will get a little discount.

asousa said:
Private forum members means us.... :) Call VE, they will send you exactly what you ask for and you will get a little discount.

Oh jeez. :eek: Duh! I didn't realize I was already a member of the exclusive club ! (A Groucho Marx quote comes to mind ;^) I'm so glad I found this place. Thanks a heap!

where does "FREE" come into play at?

DIRECTV® DVR $99.00
Handling and Delivery Fee $14.95
Installation Included $49.00
Subtotal: $162.95
Tax: $14.67
Total: $177.62

-$100.00 rebate = $77.62............. plus $5.99 a month if you want tivo
I see nothing "FREE" at all

Fgsilva said:
And after I just called them a minute ago I was also pretty disappointed. The CSR told me that I'd have to have a 2 year commitment with them. NO WAY :no ! with that kind of commitment I'd want the HD DVR for free and not just $100 mail in rebate!!!

And within 2 years the STB/DVR will need replacement with an mpeg-4 stb. By then you'll want the DVR service regardless of cost and be ready to pay any price for a new STB and monthly DVR service.

This is a shameless dump of excess inventory.

rkr0923 said:
where does "FREE" come into play at?

DIRECTV® DVR $99.00
Handling and Delivery Fee $14.95
Installation Included $49.00
Subtotal: $162.95
Tax: $14.67
Total: $177.62

-$100.00 rebate = $77.62............. plus $5.99 a month if you want tivo
I see nothing "FREE" at all

So, don't buy it from D*. Get it from your favorite electronics store or Robert at VE. Install yourself, send in the rebate and be done with it.

I order my DVR on Friday, they install it on Monday; will I get the DVR for free? Or do I still have to pay the $79 for the DVR?

okay to clarify this once and for all dvr itself is 99 dollars. now, however, they have a 49 dollar installation fee. 100 dollar mail in rebate equals 48 dollar total out of pocket cost for new and current subscribers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)