DIRECTV Further Distances Itself From Cable and Dish Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are they good? Sure. But to me this is a little much tooting their own horn.

"No.1 satellite television service" Yeah, there are only 2 satellite companies. Big competition to be number 1.

"only satellite company to outrank all cable companies surveyed" Well, Dish also outranked Comcast, Time Warner, and Charter.

The full ratings:
American Customer Satisfaction Index - Scores By Industry Popup

That's one of my problems with DirecTV. They will give themselves a cramp patting themselves on the back. I talked to a DirecTV salesman at a local home show a few months ago. I asked about new HD, fully expecting to get a canned answer. Instead, he said it doesn't matter, they sell enough of the service as is, and he doesn't think they should bother adding more.

I saw this the other day...unfortunatley, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse were left out of the study which is very surprising since both are required to obtain a Cable TV franchise by each LFA they provide service - just like any other cable company. This is really unfair because both are major cable TV operators...something like the 6th and 8th largest in the country.

According to JD Power, when you factor in FiOS and U-Verse, DirecTV comes in 3rd place...North, East, South and West. Nice try DirecTV.

Ratings | J.D. Power

Verizon FIOS is going to slip. Too many billing errors from them to hid now.

For me directv is at the bottom for equipment plus customer service plus billing plus technicians plus pricing. I've been watching my hd pixel again because the installer who put my system in and failed to secure the ground wire which I tripped over on the patio put the pole mount under a tree branch despite the fact that I pointed out to him that the branch would be hanging over it when the leaves came out.

Cox is at the bottom of the list for me as well with billing and technicians, they've over charged my father $60 and spliced the outside cables with barrels so its off to verizon for a triple play package.

I guess I would say that I'm satisfied with D*. Not highly satisfied, but satisfied. Still don't like the DVR nearly as much as E*'s and would prefer to receive more of the Premium HD movie channels that I'm paying for. Do like being able to watch the Red Sox on NESN HD via MLB:EI. Would rate most of their services from average to good, so that would grade out as satisfactory.

They have the best DVR's.... but the customer service just sucks...dealt with a CSR a month ago and all she did was read off a check list, even after I told her I had allready done these steps! Took two more calls to find somebody that would listen.....and Charlies false promises, but then not backing them up, are a real annoyance.

I have to agree here. We currently have Dish at a seasonal rental and so far I've spoken with 7 different CSR's on a SmartCard issue. We're on a third set with yet another in the mail as they've sent the wrong ones. It's been extremely frustrating. The customer service experiences we've had with Dish the past few months have been enough to convince us to go with DirecTV in our next place.

I just got DTV again. Has them all at one time.
My house roof top looks like a media whore.
Had DTV, Voom, Dish, cable, some more then once.
Voom was the best for HD programming.
I still miss the cMax monster HD channel.

DTV has the appeal, with a nice clean user interface.
THe tivo-ed DTV boxes were the very best, however.

Dish now has the best equipment. Three tuner HD dvr's.
But I hated dish CS dept. DTV CS is so much better, more friendly, helpful.

Beyond equipment ie hd dvr's, dtv just seems to be more of a clean user friendly interface.
There was something cold and blunt with the dish net interface.
Then again, tivo was the best of all. I was surprised tivo and dtv no longer went
hand in hand. I expected a tivo-ed dtv hd dvr to arrive.

As far as as cable... way too costly for what you get. Or should I say don't get.

im actually really happy with DirecTV to every time ive ever talked to them they have always been as helpful as they can to the best of there abilities, and im never on hold very long with them, i think the longest ive been on hold i like 2 mins.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts