directv genie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anthony williams

Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
new york
: if I have 2 accounts at different locations in new York, one has standard receiver and the other with genie and genie minis. can i use one of the mini at the location that has the standard receiver

: if I have 2 accounts at different locations in new York, one has standard receiver and the other with genie and genie minis. can i use one of the mini at the location that has the standard receiver
No ....
rason is, the Minis will ONLY work with a Genie present as it basically works thru the Genie.
The Mini would do nothing without the Genie.

Think of the mini as just an client that does the playing from the server (genie). It has no tuner to tune into anything, it can only playback from the server.
Without a working server (genie), it does absolutely nothing.

Not only that, but I don't think the Genie itself will work with an old SD satellite dish...
Good catch, assuming the standard receiver isn't on a swm setup, which the genie needs.

You could if you authorized another client on that account.

The authorization is in the genie. For the exception of 4k clients the genie does not care about the receiver ID number of the client.

I have a similar question to this .. if you've got 2 accounts one in New York and one in Florida both with Genies but only the new York account has a mini and you take that mini with you to Florida home, will that mini work on the florida genie ? Or is the mini tied to genie which it was authorized for ?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have a similar question to this .. if you've got 2 accounts one in New York and one in Florida both with Genies but only the new York account has a mini and you take that mini with you to Florida home, will that mini work on the florida genie ? Or is the mini tied to genie which it was authorized for ?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using the SatelliteGuys app!
If you reset it, I believe it should work in either location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)