DirecTV gets FCC Permission to Test DirecTV 11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
really really dumb question. Why does D* need so much time to test compared to e*. I believe E* is 60 days tops. D* seems to take forever

really really dumb question. Why does D* need so much time to test compared to e*. I believe E* is 60 days tops. D* seems to take forever

Lots and lots of spotbeams to test?

Personally, I think D* is saying September as there really is no rush to launch any new HD until we get to the fall TV season. What new & popular networks are showin much HD now that D* doesn't have? A few, but not many.

Longer they wait to but it in full service, and the slower they move it, the longer the overall life.

If I can chime in here, while DirecTV has been saying September, I believe that they could have it in operating sooner if they were forced to.

But at the moment there is no real reason for them to rush.

and i still think the september date came off a different press release and wasn't changed once d11 was launched. just my retired journalistic instinct...but others have wondered the same thing.

I agree with Scott as well; I think it would have been better if they would have phrased it like:

"no later than September" as opposed to "in September".

We may see if Direct intends to add anything to D10. They may put a handful of hd on D10, that is if it is not full, if D11 checks out good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)