DirecTV gets FCC Permission to Test DirecTV 11

Status
Please reply by conversation.
really really dumb question. Why does D* need so much time to test compared to e*. I believe E* is 60 days tops. D* seems to take forever

really really dumb question. Why does D* need so much time to test compared to e*. I believe E* is 60 days tops. D* seems to take forever

Lots and lots of spotbeams to test?

Personally, I think D* is saying September as there really is no rush to launch any new HD until we get to the fall TV season. What new & popular networks are showin much HD now that D* doesn't have? A few, but not many.

Longer they wait to but it in full service, and the slower they move it, the longer the overall life.

If I can chime in here, while DirecTV has been saying September, I believe that they could have it in operating sooner if they were forced to.

But at the moment there is no real reason for them to rush.

and i still think the september date came off a different press release and wasn't changed once d11 was launched. just my retired journalistic instinct...but others have wondered the same thing.

I agree with Scott as well; I think it would have been better if they would have phrased it like:

"no later than September" as opposed to "in September".

We may see if Direct intends to add anything to D10. They may put a handful of hd on D10, that is if it is not full, if D11 checks out good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)