Directv Going To Lease Only On 3/1/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dragon, that is true. I'm sorry. I was combining two thoughts into one. If you already have the protection plan, service calls are covered. I am sorry if I confused anyone by not making myself clear. Thank you for catching that for me :)

drs,

no problem. i just didnt want people confused that directv was pulling the same crapola dish does.

with directv, you pay the insurance and service calls are free except for willful damage(guys team loses the big game and shoots tv and puts an axe thru the IRD)

with dish (from what the former subs tell me) you pay the insurance and the service call "only" costs $29.99 instead of $140.00

$140? They charged $120 a while back then reduced that to $100 for a service call which must be paid with a credit card upfront. The $29 is either collected by the technician when he comes out or charges on your bill.

Adubya said:
I called Customer retention today and this is what I learned.
Starting March 1 you can lease an HD DVR for the cost of $499 - $200 rebate that they will be extending for leases only. When it comes time to swap (not till next year for me) the swap will be free. If, however, you own the box, it will cost you $99 for the swap (receiver and new 5 LNB dish).
So, it looks to me to be a $200 savings to go with the lease program and I don't have to worry about it breaking down since I'm leasing it. $4.99 extra receiver charge will be replaced with $4.99 lease charge so that's a wash.

According to the information sent to dealers (the company I work for) the HR10-250 will be $599 as of March 1st and there will be a $100 rebate. After March 1st its lease only. The retention dept person I talked to last week told me that every program on TNTHD was in HD so dont take everything they say as gospel.

Logic 7 said:
According to the information sent to dealers (the company I work for) the HR10-250 will be $599 as of March 1st and there will be a $100 rebate. After March 1st its lease only. The retention dept person I talked to last week told me that every program on TNTHD was in HD so dont take everything they say as gospel.

Get your HD-TiVo's while you can. $417 at 6thave with the $200 rebate, that's about a $300 savings!!!

Logic 7 said:

logic,

i have no clue where your dealer buys his eq, but im looking at page 46 of DSIs winter catalog . the HR10-250 is listed there as $450.00 with a MSRP of $499.00. less the $175.00 buy down from directv, makes the total cost to dealers $275.00

ok directv really sucks...i spoke to one of the sales people and she told me that in order for me to lease the hd dvr i still have to pay 499!! so i asked her so i have to pay 499!! and even if i don't want it i have to give up both the reciever and my 499??? and she said yes. can you imagine??

you dont want the offer? dont take it. why are you giving up anything?? im not calling them and all mine will stay the same , owned, with no insurance , no lease and only mirror fees.

Still can't figure out how they can charge 499 for a product that cable gives for free. . .I just don't understand either a) How the cable company can eat 500 bucks, or b) Where satellite co's are putting a LOT of money.

donchichi said:
ok directv really sucks...i spoke to one of the sales people and she told me that in order for me to lease the hd dvr i still have to pay 499!! so i asked her so i have to pay 499!! and even if i don't want it i have to give up both the reciever and my 499??? and she said yes. can you imagine??

You can always purchase the HDDVR, but you're looking at $749. If something goes wrong with the equipment and you need it replaced and don't have the protection plan, you're looking at shelling out another $749. It's better to pay the upfront cost of the leased equipment, pay the leasing fee, and get replacement equipment at no cost.

DRSForLife said:
You can always purchase the HDDVR, but you're looking at $749. If something goes wrong with the equipment and you need it replaced and don't have the protection plan, you're looking at shelling out another $749. It's better to pay the upfront cost of the leased equipment, pay the leasing fee, and get replacement equipment at no cost.

No it's not. It is better not to pay this damned residual & force DirecTV to come to their senses & not charge anything up front at all.

Heres a question I haven't noticed if it was answered already. If i purchase a reciever today 02-27-06, then activate it after march 1st. Will that reciever be concitered a purchased reciever, or a leased reciever?

dragon002 said:
leased, it goes by the activation date

This is contrary to what Solid Signal says in an e-mail.

Customers who purchase DIRECTV receivers before 03-01-2006
have up until the end of March 2006 (03-30-2006) to activate the
unit under the current purchased receiver option.

Not doubting you, but Solid Signal is a fairly large online dealer. I would like to know for sure since I am going to purchase another HR10-250 tomorrow. If I have to activate it, then so be it.

herd,

straight from directv and perfect-10

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:31 PM
Subject: FW: Customer lease agreement
Importance: High

Attached is the new DTV Lease Agreement that we need to replace with the
current DTV Activation Agreement posted on NIMS. All activations after March
1st., 2006 will require this new attachment.

I suggest you print off blank copies for their installers, just in case the
order is already in NIMS but is scheduled after the March 1st. change date.

herdfan said:
This is contrary to what Solid Signal says in an e-mail.

Not doubting you, but Solid Signal is a fairly large online dealer. I would like to know for sure since I am going to purchase another HR10-250 tomorrow. If I have to activate it, then so be it.
I called Customer Retention asking if I was eligible for the 200 rebate on an H20 since we already have one. She told me I am, since the first came from DirecTV and was free because I am a good customer. She told me there is a lot of confusion going on with the rebates and getting the forms now. She checked with her supervisor, and he told her that as long as I activated the new receiver by 2/28, I could get the rebate. She said if I did not get a form to call her and she'd help me out. She said it had to be done by 2/28 for the rebate to be good.

Is this a joke? Surely I am reading something wrong. If I want the hd *tivo* then I have to PAY 400+ for it and its leased? I am quite happy to pay to lease one but not when I am paying 400 or more upfront for it! Out of my price range completely!

Umm, I havent really read everything in this post so I dont know if it was covered or not but DTV is not going to be going to LEASE ONLY, yes that will be how they will WANT to sell them but you will still have the choice if you ASK/DEMAND to own your equiptment.

d0ug said:
Heres a question I haven't noticed if it was answered already. If i purchase a reciever today 02-27-06, then activate it after march 1st. Will that reciever be concitered a purchased reciever, or a leased reciever?

It will be considered a purchased receiver. You can still purchase receivers March 1st or after they just will not be giving them away as they are now, you have to ship them back if you go under their lease promo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)