DirecTV Greenville, SC DMA subs with AM21 OTA tuner

What adjacent market you get OTA on DIrecTV AM21 tuner in Greenville, SC DMA with outdoor antenna?

• Augusta, GA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Columbia, SC

• Charlotte, NC

• Knoxville, TN

• Atlanta, GA

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is what I said. It figures out what you have (aka SCANNING, since that's how OTA signals are received...), displays what it matches with its database and deletes what isn't in the database.

Most people think of a tuner scanning for ota stations by seeing what is in the air, but the AM21 only uses the database.

THATS my point .... the AM21 goes by what you put in the D* recvr, it doesn't have the ability to scan on it's own.

I think were all saying the same thing, but not saying so the other understands.

You cannot set up the am21 to do ANYTHING without the recvr being hooked up to it, so it is the D* database that you input that determines what the am21 sees.

I see your point and what you're saying. With that, you are right about saying the same thing in different words! It is not an independent receiver, but it would need to do some sort of scan to receive signals. That is based on your D* receiver and not the actual AM21 unit, therefore it did not officially scan in its own. That's how we can trick it because it doesn't know what it is receiving, just that it matches what you told it.

I see your point and what you're saying. With that, you are right about saying the same thing in different words! It is not an independent receiver, but it would need to do some sort of scan to receive signals. That is based on your D* receiver and not the actual AM21 unit, therefore it did not officially scan in its own. That's how we can trick it because it doesn't know what it is receiving, just that it matches what you told it.
Yup !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)