DirecTV H-10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
My new receiver just arrived, I hear the HDMI slots on these boxes are screwed up so I'll hook up the component cables, Do I have to get a new card from D* or will this one work?, I also need another regular box does anyone know who has the best price? Is there any tricks to connecting this H-10 box? The Dish has 4 connections does it matter wich one I hook the HD too?

Plywodstatebum said:
My new receiver just arrived, I hear the HDMI slots on these boxes are screwed up so I'll hook up the component cables,

If your TV has the HDMI input, USE IT! The h-10s are reported to have small problems. My H-10 will just lose signal for a split second every once in awhile. The quality of HDMI over the component is much better tho!!

Plywodstatebum said:
Is there any tricks to connecting this H-10 box? The Dish has 4 connections does it matter wich one I hook the HD too?

Nope, as long as you don't add more then 4 lines you can hook the HD one up to any of the 4. There is a multi-switch built into the dish.

quote asousa:
------------------------
My H-10 will just lose signal for a split second every once in awhile.
------------------------

How often is "every once in a while"? Can you ballpark it? Hourly? Every few hours? Once an day?

It sucks that it has a bug at all? WTF is with these companies selling stuff with known problems?

Ricknau said:
quote asousa:
------------------------
------------------------

How often is "every once in a while"? Can you ballpark it? Hourly? Every few hours? Once an day?

It sucks that it has a bug at all? WTF is with these companies selling stuff with known problems?
When I was using the HDMI output on my H10, I was getting a 1-2 second video dropout about once every 50-60 minutes! Have had no dropouts since I switched to the component output. :rolleyes:

Wow, I just hooked up my H-10. It isn't activated yet but the OTA works just fine. Well, sort of fine... I only had to watch ABC HD for about 20 minutes to see the video go black for a split second. And this was with the component cables!! :rolleyes:

Ricknau said:
quote asousa:
------------------------
------------------------

Like once an hour it will drop out for a second or two....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)