DirecTV H-10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
My new receiver just arrived, I hear the HDMI slots on these boxes are screwed up so I'll hook up the component cables, Do I have to get a new card from D* or will this one work?, I also need another regular box does anyone know who has the best price? Is there any tricks to connecting this H-10 box? The Dish has 4 connections does it matter wich one I hook the HD too?

Plywodstatebum said:
My new receiver just arrived, I hear the HDMI slots on these boxes are screwed up so I'll hook up the component cables,

If your TV has the HDMI input, USE IT! The h-10s are reported to have small problems. My H-10 will just lose signal for a split second every once in awhile. The quality of HDMI over the component is much better tho!!

Plywodstatebum said:
Is there any tricks to connecting this H-10 box? The Dish has 4 connections does it matter wich one I hook the HD too?

Nope, as long as you don't add more then 4 lines you can hook the HD one up to any of the 4. There is a multi-switch built into the dish.

quote asousa:
------------------------
My H-10 will just lose signal for a split second every once in awhile.
------------------------

How often is "every once in a while"? Can you ballpark it? Hourly? Every few hours? Once an day?

It sucks that it has a bug at all? WTF is with these companies selling stuff with known problems?

Ricknau said:
quote asousa:
------------------------
------------------------

How often is "every once in a while"? Can you ballpark it? Hourly? Every few hours? Once an day?

It sucks that it has a bug at all? WTF is with these companies selling stuff with known problems?
When I was using the HDMI output on my H10, I was getting a 1-2 second video dropout about once every 50-60 minutes! Have had no dropouts since I switched to the component output. :rolleyes:

Wow, I just hooked up my H-10. It isn't activated yet but the OTA works just fine. Well, sort of fine... I only had to watch ABC HD for about 20 minutes to see the video go black for a split second. And this was with the component cables!! :rolleyes:

Ricknau said:
quote asousa:
------------------------
------------------------

Like once an hour it will drop out for a second or two....

Status
Please reply by conversation.