directv h20 receiver hook up to computer?

rottonj

Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I'm new to this and was just wondering if my Directv h20 receiver can be hooked up to my computer as well as my tv. The receiver is hooked up to the tv using the hdmi. My computer is a hp media center and the directv receiver has s- video and audio outputs but when I try to hook this up I get no signal. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not going to work. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

I have a similar setup running an H20 with an HP media computer. I use an HDMI to DVI cable to connect the H20 to the DVI input on my 20" wide Samsung monitor - a kinda poor man's HDTV, the monitor gives me 720p with the H20.

For sound, you still need to run a composite red, white cable from the receiver into an adapter (radio shack, walmart) where the red, white go into. The single line then goes into the blue jack on the back of pc. You are already likely using the green jack out to your computer speakers.

You can the connect your receiver to your tv with a component cable.
The S video on your pc is an output jack, not an input jack so that is why you can not run S video from the H20 into the PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)