Directv HD DVR jump ahead button

charliedemler

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I used to have the Direct Ultimate TV receiver. It had a 30 second jump ahead button on it. I just upgraded to the Directv HD DVR and see the reverse button but it doesn't have a jump ahead button. Does anybody know if the remote can be tweeked to do this?

Also does anybody know if you can add more hard drive space to the receiver?

Thanks,
Charlie

Welcome to the forum!! The HD10-250 can be programed to 30 sec skip. Play a previously recorded program and press Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select. Then the button with the right arrow becomes the skip button. You'll have to redo this sequence anytime the unit loses power. You can add hard drive space but someone else will have to help you with that. Weaknees did mine. Good luck!--Ray

Hi Ray, Thanks, If I do this will I then loose the 3 different fast forward speeds I have? If so I'd like to keep them. Is there another key I can reprogram?

Thanks
Charlie

You can also hack the HDtivo to do the 30 second skip keypress sequence at boot up so you dont have to do it every time you lose power.

Mmm. I have a Home Theatre Master MX-500 universal remote with a button I've programed for the skip feature. Don't know if there is another button on the Tivo remote that you could program. Sorry. Hey verbano, is there a link for the hack procedure you spoke of in your post above??---Ray

Hi Ray,
I tried the key sequence you mentined and it didn't work for me. Are you saying use the - like you typed? I tried with and without dash an d still no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks

charliedemler said:
Hi Ray,
I tried the key sequence you mentined and it didn't work for me. Are you saying use the - like you typed? I tried with and without dash an d still no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks
Remember to play a previously recorded program when doing the sequence. Don't use the - in the sequence and it should work. The button just below the fast forward button with the little (-) above it is the one that activates the 30 sec skip. I think you might have mistaken the "slow" button for that one.
Thanks verbano for the link BTW.---Ray

Last edited:
First Timer in this forum. I recently purchased a Mitsubish 62" television, and I am having one heck of a time getting a decent reception when it is not being transmitted on HD. The picture is very grainy. Could this be an indication that I have something hooked-up wrong? Help, very frustrated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)