How Long Have you Had HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Summer of 2002 when we purchased a 65" Mitsubishi Diamond RPTV CTR. We're been through a dozen or more sets since then, but it was still the best picture quality sets I've owned after I learned how to calibrate the set. Anyway, I soon installed and OTA antenna since there was no HD available from Adelphia, and I signed-up for Voom shortly after they launched (probably Feb 2004).

Sometime in 2002, IIRC, I bought a Panny 30" hd tube set. It weighed about 150 lbs. Ugh! Next was a Mits 55" rp, then a Mits 65" dlp, then my current set, a Vizio 65" led lcd.

Got my first HD (Sony 65" rear projection) for Christmas of 2003. Ordered Dish because Cox didn't have enough HD at the time. Had to replace convergence chips twice over the last few years. Replaced it with a Sharp 70" in January. Just gave the Sony away to Goodwill last week. They had to send two men and a lift truck to pick it up.

March 2007 Sony Bravia 40" 1080i: 2 component inputs, 1 HDMI

Boxing Day 2011, 32" Sony Bravia 1080i, 2 HDMI, 1 component

May 2013 55" LED 1080p, 240hz, 3D, Smart Sony: 4 HDMI, 2 component, 3 USB

January 2004 for me with a Mitsubishi WS-A65 1080i CRT RPTV. I upgraded to the Dish 811 receiver either before that or right after that, but I was watching HD on my PC monitor before I got the HDTV. Dish had a few things in HD but really didn't experience it until they got the Voom channels. I think it was 2006 for HD-DVD and 2008 for Blu-ray, when I did a MAJOR upgrade on A/V components

We got a Toshiba 57H83 in 2005, I think. Didn't have a digital tuner yet either (added them the following year, maybe). Also just had (1) DVI port, (2) component inputs, and typical lower-quality ones. Had Dish at the time with their 522 receiver. We had gotten addicted to having a DVR so I inquired with about getting their HD-DVR. It was the 921 or 942 - can't recall now. Dish said, "$999 and free installation" and I said "no thanks". Went to the dark side, Time Warner, for just under two years. They gave me a leave-satellite promotion (50% off first year, 25% off second year) and an HD-DVR (Scientific-Atlanta 8300HD). We got the DVR service we needed and I got HD service (my wife couldn't tell the difference !!). Just before my two-year deal was up, I returned to Dish and got a ViP622, then a 722k, and now a Hopper (on a 50" Panasonic LED that I just bought 3 weeks ago).

July of 2001, when I finished my H/T and was able to start using it. Dish Network was the source through a JVC DILA projector and an Panamorfic lens to convert the 4:3 projector into a 16:9 image.

I've had it since 6 months before dish pulled the plug on voom. Not sure when that was exactly.

I don't remember exactly, but it was 2006, I believe, when I bought a 32" JVC 720p HDTV. Not a lot of HD at the time.
I don't remember what Dish receiver I had at the time. I did have a 522 and a 721 before I went to a 622--then a 722 and now HWS.

Got my 1st HDTV in spring 2007 and was only watching HD through OTA. Upgraded my Dish system to HD in 2008 (after Voom got pulled) when more basic cable HD channels became available.

bought a 36XBR85 back in 2001. A few months later, Radio Shack had a closeout on ATSC tuners, so I was receiving OTA HDTV in early 2002.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts