DirecTV HD DVR Receiver HR21-100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

l33txp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
I currently have this receiver HR21-100 and am wondering if I have to keep using it? Am I able to purchase a receiver that has been made by another manufacturer other than DirecTV? Am I allowed to do that or do I have to get my receiver directly from DTV?

I currently have this receiver HR21-100 and am wondering if I have to keep using it? Am I able to purchase a receiver that has been made by another manufacturer other than DirecTV? Am I allowed to do that or do I have to get my receiver directly from DTV?

you can purchase one off of ebay but they're all from directv but not manufactured by them. the HR21-100 i believe is from RCA. the last 3 numbers tell you who made it. -200 is samsung. -300 is phillips, -600 lg and 700 is from pace

So then DirecTV just re-brands the box?

other companies do this too. open up some of your electronics and you'll be surprised what you'll find in there ;) besides the box is only for directv service so it's only appropriate to have their name on it.

other companies do this too. open up some of your electronics and you'll be surprised what you'll find in there ;) besides the box is only for directv service so it's only appropriate to have their name on it.

I guess the reason I'm asking all of this is the box I have has always been laggy, you know the amount of time to load the guide, change settings, it's just slow to respond..

I guess the reason I'm asking all of this is the box I have has always been laggy, you know the amount of time to load the guide, change settings, it's just slow to respond..

yeah this is a tendency in these dvr's. you should participate in the CE program.you could help improve these boxes. just checkout the CE area in the directv forum. the cutting edge program has really improved these dvrs and receivers.

HI,
I am french and i bought DirecTV HR21-100 HD and can i use it with french satellite?
my satellite is ASTRA free channels.
Thank you for your answers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)