Directv HD lease plan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdprayor

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2004
I am currently with E* because I did not want to buy a 811 hd receiver I wanted to lease it.With Directv beginning to lead in hd channels do you guys think they will ever start leasing hd receivers as E* does?? Thanks

No, I don't think so, however, DIRECTV does keep pushing the prices down. Currently, you can get the best HD STB for $299. installed, including the 18x20 dish and several additional basic receivers.

DIRECTV is also giving 6 months of the HD programming package at no charge.

In the most recent discussion with financial journalists, following the announcement of the second quarter financial results, DirecTV management said specifically that there are no CURRENT plans to offer a lease program, but that nothing is written in stone.

DirecTV doesn't currently have lease plans, but they are becoming more similar to E*, in that they will only be releasing DirecTV boxes in the future, and doing away with Tivo and writing their own DVR system, so anything is possible...

The DIRECTV branding of the STB's of which I have been apposed to, I now think is a very excellent idea and will work out very well in many ways.

As we all would agree the most important thing we need is rock solid reliable operation and innovative evolutionary advanced products and services. And in that regard DIRECTV has introduced one very good "family of STB products" remote control system. The D10 is a very nice IRD and so is the RCA DTC-210. I believe if DIRECTV contracts Samsung or Thompson, they will deliver an excellent, feature packed 4th generation HD STB. I am looking forward to the new 80 gb third generation DIRECTV DVR due very shortly. My hat's off to DIRECTV and it’s management.

PS I have read another thread where a installer stated his dislikes for the D10, but aside from some possible install feature, they do have all advanced features anyone could want in a broadband STB that very reliable and has an excellent menu and advanced electronic program guide. The D10 is a keeper.

Besides it makes sense for DirecTV to offer their own brand of DVR because why should they pay Tivo for it when Rupert Murdoch and News Corp already own/control a DVR company which makes perfectlly good satellite DVRs for Sky? It just makes sense. So I wouldn't say they're trying to become Echostar more like they're just using their brain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)