Directv HD Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find anything. If you have HD locals, do you not get the SD versions as well? I sub to my locals and HD but my locals don't have the HD logo.

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find anything. If you have HD locals, do you not get the SD versions as well? I sub to my locals and HD but my locals don't have the HD logo.

it depends on the market.
Most of the bigger markets have them in SD and HD. Both will show in the guide. If you look in the favorites list the ones in HD will start with "A3" which are HD. The non-HD ones wont. It was kinda confusing for me at 1st because hide SD dupes didnt work right

Now most new markets D* is adding if the station is in HD, there is no SD counterpart.

Here is what I mean. I am in the Minneapolis market.
If I say "show all channels" as a preference (instead of hide SD duplicates) most of my locals show twice in there. Once in SD once in HD
In the favorites list it shows the "A3" which are HD and the non

In the 2nd pic I hid SD dupes and then it shows just one set of locals. The A3 are HD except for 17-2. Its just a SD subchannel that you get on the HD locals.

Attachments

• PICT0055.JPG
    PICT0055.JPG
    917.5 KB · Views: 208
  • PICT0054.JPG
    PICT0054.JPG
    851.6 KB · Views: 186
Thanks Iceberg and Jumbo! My locals show as A3 with the exception of 2 Independents. I didn't change anything yet. This is my first time with Directv and the HR24. It takes some getting use to after being with dish for nearly 17 years.

No I don't think so. My concern was whether or not I was actually getting HD. I thought I had subbed to everything HD but wasn't getting the HD extra pack. With Dish the locals always had the HD logo.

Here in my market (Greenville, Washington, New Bern NC) we get our SD locals off of the 72.5 sat. Its been announced that they will be shut down in December 2011. Then we will only have HD locals. We have had a simulcast of all our locals for 2 years on the HD sat.

We get a couple of SD channels on the HD sat and the are labled A3 also.

WITN NBC HD
WNCT CBS HD
WCTI ABC HD
WYDO FOX HD
WUNK UNC/PBS HD
WUNK2 UNC EX SD
WNCT2 THE CW SD

actually the locals on 72.5 they mirrored all of them on the HD sat. If they're not in HD they will be in MPEG4 SD. You wont lose any channels when they turn off 72.5

Iceberg, do you have the latest listing for where the local hd channels are on D12? This doesn't show the Hartford channels anywhere: SatBeams - Home

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)