directv hd receiver price increase?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DadGuy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Hi...

Am I mistaken or did the free hd receiver after rebate just go up to 49 bucks after rebate? I thought the deal / price was good till 2/28....

Also...unrelated... if I have a standard dish mounted on the side of my house...if I get the 5lnb dish ... will the orientation of it be the same as before or will I have to point it some other direction? (makes a difference on where I'd place it.....

Thanks

DadGuy said:
if I have a standard dish mounted on the side of my house...if I get the 5lnb dish ... will the orientation of it be the same as before or will I have to point it some other direction? (makes a difference on where I'd place it..... Thanks

First, WELCOME to SatGuys!

Both the PhaseIII and the new AT9 are multi-sat dishes and will not point exactly the same as a single, but if you care to supply your zip code or latitude/longitude we can give your the heading/azimuth and elevation and you will be able to survey your site.

my zipcode

Hi again and thanks for the welcome,

I'm in the seattle market but about 40 miles south...zipcode 98321.... I'm also trying to determine if the locals are in HD on directv yet or no here... and if not what antenna would be best for over the air broadcast reception at this distance...some hills to contend with between here and there I think...

Am I correct in my understanding that the HD locals broadcast via satellite are compressed and therefore inferior to over the air reception? Is it noticbly different if true or more like my stereo where the farther the price went up the less likely I was equipped with ears to tell the difference? (chuckle)

Thanks for the help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)