DirecTV HD Rumor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Where did you see any mention of a date? Send the message to D*. I'm sure it would help for them to see a bunch of emails from customers requesting this station. Don't know if I'd watch it much, but anything HD beats SD. This week is just filled with good news!

I agree. now is just a matter of waiting 92 years for it!:D :devil: Cool! I'll be 135 y.o. rocking to my new MHD channel!!:)

npm said:
When you select Dish or Comcast it says...

Unfortunately, there is no agreement (paraphrased.)

I would say that the fact D* has an agreement is significant.

Hopefully!

not sure if anyone wrote to DTV but this was their reply to my email

Thank you for writing. The programming that we currently offer in HD, not including locals, will continue to broadcast in MPEG-2 format until all of our customers have been converted to MPEG-4 technology. For customers that currently have MPEG-4 technology will still be able to view TNT HD just in the MPEG-2 format.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest in news and information about our service.

JPShinn said:
Sometime in 2098, according to the website . . .

So I have to wait until I am 120 years old to watch music videos in HD. By that time, I can teach my great-great grandkids what TV was like "back in the day".:yikes:D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Something is up at DirecTV, this morning I got a call from one of my inside contacts telling them they will soon be releasing a fax to all dealers telling them as of February 5th all new HD installs require the installation of the new AT9 5 LNB Dish (and it does not matter where the customer is and it also it does not matter if HD locals are available to the customer or not)

My guess is soon they will announce some new national HD however it will only be available via the AT9 Dish.

Hello everyone,

Just jumped into DirecTV with both feet, I set up an install with a couple H20 (extended sattalite recievers) and an h10-250. The lady stated that I would be getting a 5lnb dish and would need to get an OTA attenna for the 5lnb (which is switched by the 5LNB dish) since locals havent been rolled out here yet

Well, I looked at the order confirmation and , of course, it's listed as a triple LNB dish, but with all the other equipment.

The CSR in the install department told me he could not override the triple LNB line item becuase it's an automaticly entered by the comp system. He said that 'the installer may just bring one out anyway' I'm not confident about this, since, if its not on the order it usually dosnt happen.

I didn't want to cancel or do anything funny wiith the oder becuase I got such good deal with the order to begin with.

So I will keep everyone posted.

Edit: Just watched the install video for the new dish, apparently you cant 'diplex' the ota attenna on tbe 5lnb.

Last edited:
You should be getting the 5 LNB dish nothing more. D* has stop sending out 3 LNB dish's. If I were you Id call Customer Retention and suggest they send the 5 LNB to avoid another installation, they can override the order and make the corrections. This CSR gave you a bunch of BS!

Are you sure? I'm having my service moved to a new address, intallation date, 3/5. CSR said I'l be getting the 3 LNB dish. I asked him twice and he gave me the same answer. That's funny considering SAcramento should be getting local mpg4 in April! He just said "you'd get upgraded then". Of course I will not since I have the HD Tivo and I'm not gonna lose it just for a regular HD receiver!

Smthkd said:
You should be getting the 5 LNB dish nothing more. D* has stop sending out 3 LNB dish's. If I were you Id call Customer Retention and suggest they send the 5 LNB to avoid another installation, they can override the order and make the corrections. This CSR gave you a bunch of BS!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts