DirecTV HLG HDR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kaomie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
New Lenox, IL
I have an LG OLED65E6P, HR54 200, Onyko tx-nr656 and a C61k client. I’m getting the olympics in 4K but not hdr. All my components have the latest firmware. They are hdmi 2.0 cables and hdcp 2.2. My tv goes into HDR mode when using the ultra Blu-ray player but not with the DirecTV signal. Any ideas?

If you look in the LG forum at avs forum you'll find posts about this.

When did you try this last? I have a Vizio P65-E1 with my c61k directly connected to it and am having the same problem tonight. Getting 106 in 4K but not HDR. Can you try connecting your tv directly to your C61k. If you still aren’t getting it it could a broadcast issue today unless someone else jumps in here

It’s been since the hdr started broadcasting. I have connected directly and my tv still doesn’t pick up the hdr signal. I’ve tried differt cables nd no difference. Plugged a usb drive with hlg hdr content directly into my tv and it detected it. I looked on the avs forums like the earlier poster suggested but couldn’t find the same problem.

I just fixed my issue this way

Redownload the firmware on your C61k. To do this

While the box is on. Press the front power button and the side reset button in for a good 30 seconds. This will reset the firmware on the mini. When it comes back up it should ask pretty quickly to update its firmware. Click ok and let it happen

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I have an LG OLED65E6P, HR54 200, Onyko tx-nr656 and a C61k client. I’m getting the olympics in 4K but not hdr. All my components have the latest firmware. They are hdmi 2.0 cables and hdcp 2.2. My tv goes into HDR mode when using the ultra Blu-ray player but not with the DirecTV signal. Any ideas?

It is possible that the tx-nr656 does not yet support HLG. Try bypassing the Onyko and connect directly to the LG.

You are correct about the NR656. I bypassed it after getting the client to update(thanks for that tip!) and my TV still doesn't go into HLG HDR mode. Not sure why it's not working.

You are correct about the NR656. I bypassed it after getting the client to update(thanks for that tip!) and my TV still doesn't go into HLG HDR mode. Not sure why it's not working.

You are aware that not all Direct TV 4k Broadcast is in hdr - only the showings that are marked as such with 4K & HDR - make sure your on one of those and check again

Reactions: Jimbo
I am. According to the DirecTV schedule all of the Olympics are in HDR. That's the programming I am using to test the signal.

Yeah, it has the firmware from last July which included the support for HLG. I downloaded an hlg video on to a flash drive and plugged it directly into the TV and it recognized it as hlg hdr.

This is a known issue with Samsung TV's. Samsung wants you to buy a new TV vs updating the firmware like every other TV manufacture has. In the case with Samsung the TV supports HDR 10 but not HLG HDR. I will never buy another Samsung product again over this issue.

Reactions: TermiNader and AZ.
Try the firmware reset while the box is directly connected to the TV.. I think it needs to see if because i after i did this... my guide now shows HDR on the program

Reactions: Jimbo
This is a known issue with Samsung TV's. Samsung wants you to buy a new TV vs updating the firmware like every other TV manufacture has. In the case with Samsung the TV supports HDR 10 but not HLG HDR. I will never buy another Samsung product again over this issue.
So do they need to standardize the HDR format?

HDR10
HDR10+
DV
HLG

Here is my experience with both a EF9500 and OLED65E7 with DTV 4K on the C61K

First you need to make sure "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color" is enabled on the C61K HDMI port (General Menu)
Second all broadcasts are shown as HDR HLG, the HDR flag in the guide just means that the content was originally recorded with or in HDR.
Third the OLED65E6P and all LG's OLED's work with HLG, just make sure to have the latest firmware as noted.
Forth and last - make sure your HR54 is on the latest firmware or close, HLG was enabled I think in FFC and later but I can't remember. I don't believe it will work if you have an early version of the new GUI and for sure not the old.

Note HDR / HLG is dark on the EF9500 but that's what I get for buying early in.
Note avoid the AVR until you have things working (go direct to TV from the mini)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)