DirecTV Hook up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrSkeet

Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
:confused: I am considering switching from cable to DirecTv. I do not have a landline. I only use a cell phone. Will they let me subscribe without a hard wired phoneline. Thanks.

Yes you can as long as you don't get a tivo. The only reason you need a phone line is for pay perview. Tivo makes a call every couple days to somewhere. I had directv for a couple years without a phone line until I got my Tivo.

Matt

Ok, thanks. If I go to Best Buy or Circuit City, can I buy everything that I need to install the system. The dish and receivers etc.? I really don't want an installer running wires all around the outside of my house. I would rather install the system myself. Would that be possible?

Looks Good but........

:confused:
dfergie said:
Try one of our sponsors valueelectronics ...

I don't see any self install kits included in the price. It just shows a Standard Pro installation. Can I order and install myself and if so will they send me the necessary equipment for the self installation?

DirecTV vs Dish

I know this is the DirecTV forum but which is the better value-- DirecTv or Dish Network? Again whichever I choose I will want to do the self install if possible. Is there a sponsor on this forum for Dish Network as well as the one for DirecTV? Thanks.

If you want a DVR but still don't want a landline, ask Value Electronics for a R15, I'm using two of them and don't have a landline, no problems.

You'll get a $50 rebate to cover the cost of installation if you do it yourself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)