Directv HR20-100 Phoneline (modem) module

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Hello everybody please excuse me if this topic or question has been posed before.

I have an HR20-100 receiver that has a bad phoneline connection. Whenever the phoneline is plugged in the line stays open and kills all other phones in the house. This has happened a while ago and I never really cared much for it but now I want to have my caller id back and all the other "benefits" that goes along with have a phoneline plugged in.

Now my question is: Is there somewhere I can purchase a new module and replace the old one in the receiver or do I have to send the receiver back to directv and have it replaced. I would rather fix it myself as I have the proper tools and the know how as I fixed many broken card slots on many different receivers in the past.

Any help would be GREATly appreciated.

Then only "benefit" of having the phone line connected is Caller ID.

Having the DVR connected to the internet can handle the other benefits, like PPV.

Are the pins shorting out or is it shorted in the circuit board, if it's the pins, I'm sure you could fix it, but you don't know unless you see it touching, if it is a piece of equipment on the board, why would you bother, when D* will send you another recvr as soon as you report it.

Fwiw, the CID generally only works 50 % of the time anyways.

If you OWN your box I would understand, otherwise, I would send it back.

I have had a number of D* boxes go bad due to defective modem (from my work, not mine). Always tell them to send it back and DON'T plug it back in till you get the new one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts