disabling that stupid screen saver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
I really wish directv read these forums.. and actually listened to its customers.. I see so many people looking for a way to disable the screen saver.. I have a DLP tv, no burn in EVER.. dont need nor want the stupid screen saver (though I wouldn't care if it worked and didnt come on randomly).. could be 5 minutes from touching the remote.. or 30 minutes.. 12 hours.. no rhyme or reason..

please someone let me know if there is some god forsaken way to turn the screen saver off????

I really wish directv read these forums.. and actually listened to its customers.. I see so many people looking for a way to disable the screen saver.. I have a DLP tv, no burn in EVER.. dont need nor want the stupid screen saver (though I wouldn't care if it worked and didnt come on randomly).. could be 5 minutes from touching the remote.. or 30 minutes.. 12 hours.. no rhyme or reason..

please someone let me know if there is some god forsaken way to turn the screen saver off????

And how about all the people that still have TV's that CAN get burn in ?

didn't say remove it.. just asking for some way to turn it off..

though I'm just saying it would be nice if it actually worked correctly and I dunno didn't turn on while I was watching something..

didn't say remove it.. just asking for some way to turn it off..

though I'm just saying it would be nice if it actually worked correctly and I dunno didn't turn on while I was watching something..

It's turning on while your watching a program ?

Try resetting the unit and see if that helps.

The only time mine comes on is if I pause live TV or a recording, or if a channel is displaying a message such as "Channel Not Purchased" after a hockey game on Center Ice. Usually comes on after about 5 minutes (or close to that). I have never seen it come on during live TV.

Dan

The only time mine comes on is if I pause live TV or a recording, or if a channel is displaying a message such as "Channel Not Purchased" after a hockey game on Center Ice. Usually comes on after about 5 minutes (or close to that). I have never seen it come on during live TV.

Dan

These are when it's suppose to come on, so thats good.

The OP has something weird going on as it comes on during a show from what I understand.

its funny because the audio keeps going while the video gets the screen saver.. ugh.. this stuff makes me almost miss dishnetworks crappy boxes..

EDIT: btw, going to reboot it now see if that makes a difference.. (that should have been my first though, shrug, I'll blame it on a long day.. :))

Last edited:
its funny because the audio keeps going while the video gets the screen saver.. ugh.. this stuff makes me almost miss dishnetworks crappy boxes..

That would be typical as the screen saver is suppose to be active on music channels and that needs to have the audio available.

Dan

Same here and thankfully so.

That would be typical as the screen saver is suppose to be active on music channels and that needs to have the audio available.

Jimbo ... being a newbie to D* my screen saver doesn't come on for Sonic Tap ... any way to activate or set timer on this? Really liked E*s banner that cameup right away on the music stations.

Jimbo ... being a newbie to D* my screen saver doesn't come on for Sonic Tap ... any way to activate or set timer on this? Really liked E*s banner that cameup right away on the music stations.

hey gopher,
I don't think theres a way to do this but i believe the music channels have their own screen savers after about 5 minutes. the box containing the info starts moving around and so on.

I think it's pre programmed for 5 or 10 minutes.

The banner your talking about ? The one that says what song and artist ?
Hit the Info button and that banner should be there.

oh good to know....I usually dont keep it on one that long
I know with my Shaw system its like 30 seconds ;)

Darned Screen Saver...

I'm having a similar problem with my HR23. The screen saver comes on when I'm watching a "Media Share" video, and always at the most inopportune time. I have searched my notes on the unit, called D*TV, got nowhere and then I spoke with 4 different installer friends in hopes of being able to rectify it, but all of this to no avail.

I'm running TVersity Media Server with all of the stored movies on my movie server, it displays the screen for about 5 minutes, then the D*TV logo shows up on a black screen. My audio continues to play. This is annoying because you can't rewind or fast forward when using media share. :(

My audio server doesn't have this problem. Any thoughts if it could be the TVersity?

Thanks for your thoughts.

D. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)