The new low of stupid brought to you by ATT

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
So this morning did the dreaded call of lowering my bill...Canceled NFL package no deals, remove sports pack, and dropped HBO....Well wouldnt you know it, they eliminated my MLB subscription? but yet they say I still have it?, what a mistake it always is....I do find it amazing the questions they ask..What channels cant you see?.."Yea its like any game from MLB season ticket in the 700s." But yes in their wisdom to help the first trouble shooting is unplugging my TV and plugging it back in!....Now a child might fall fro such stupid problem solving, but what in the hell has someone wrote that for an imbecile repeat? JFC! Why in gods name would unplugging my TV help when the problem is from Direct TV? So my question who is to blame, Direct tv troubleshooters, or the idiot that mindlessly reads the script on how to fix things?....This is stupid on steroids and your trying to stay in business? .....wow....Only from phone customer service would you get to meet dumber and dumber on the phone!

So this morning did the dreaded call of lowering my bill...Canceled NFL package no deals, remove sports pack, and dropped HBO....Well wouldnt you know it, they eliminated my MLB subscription? but yet they say I still have it?, what a mistake it always is....I do find it amazing the questions they ask..What channels cant you see?.."Yea its like any game from MLB season ticket in the 700s." But yes in their wisdom to help the first trouble shooting is unplugging my TV and plugging it back in!....Now a child might fall fro such stupid problem solving, but what in the hell has someone wrote that for an imbecile repeat? JFC! Why in gods name would unplugging my TV help when the problem is from Direct TV? So my question who is to blame, Direct tv troubleshooters, or the idiot that mindlessly reads the script on how to fix things?....This is stupid on steroids and your trying to stay in business? .....wow....Only from phone customer service would you get to meet dumber and dumber on the phone!
Don't blame the 1st tier CSRs. They are only reading from a script.

Reactions: Jimbo
Be happy you could understand them ...

Btw, did they ever get it fixed ?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I've stopped calling the regular 1-800-531-5000 number, and calling the retentions #. The last time I called, which was last week, there were no menu options - I literally got through directly to a person who was not one of their outsourced reps. The number is 1-855-235-3982.

So this morning did the dreaded call of lowering my bill...Canceled NFL package no deals, remove sports pack, and dropped HBO....
Do not know if you knew this, but if you want it back, HBOMAX is on sale for $75 off if you prepay for the year ( now at $104.99).

Also, why did not just threaten to cancel, probably would of received a much better deal.

Do not know if you knew this, but if you want it back, HBOMAX is on sale for $75 off if you prepay for the year ( now at $104.99).

Also, why did not just threaten to cancel, probably would of received a much better deal.
It wasnt even mentioned....Great sales staff they got? LOL!

It wasnt even mentioned....Great sales staff they got? LOL!
No, only online, Traditional Providers do not offer it, only straight from HBO.

Reactions: harshness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)