Directv HR24NC-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acar1944

Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
North , Mississippi
I am new to direct, have been on dish for 4 years. I have a hd HD-700 receiver with a RC65X remote. The remote is in IR mode and I want to change it to RF. I have been told by Direct that my receiver and remote can be programmed to RF and they have sent me instructions as to how to change but it simply will not work. Anybody know if these are RF capable and how to program them.
I also have in my Family Room a HD DVR plus with A RC65RX that seems to be in the RF mode. It works fine. The reason for my wanting to change is to control a tv in another room that has been split from the receiver mentioned above.:) Thanks
Acar1944

It's the remote. Check the weight of the RC65RX to the weight of the RC65X. The RX will be just a tad bit heavier cause it has an additional controller board for the RF circuitry. You would most likely have to replace the X remote with an RX remote to get RF for the other receiver.

I know of this because I bought a RC65X thinking to replace my RC65RB remote and it never worked in RF mode. I opened both remotes and the RC65RB had the additional board that I "THINK" is for RF.

My thoughts exactly. I read earlier that if it did not have a FCC label on the back it was not RF. Tried to tell the Direct guy but he assured me it was programmable to RF.
I'm now guessing I could purchase a new remote that I know if RF capable and use it . Thanks for the reply.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
All of the HR24 models should have an rf remote. Is there an FCC sticker on the back of the remote? All of the rf remotes do. If you don't have one, call Directv and tell them. They should send you one at no charge.

I'd try calling back. A different csr may be able to help. It's my understanding that all of the HR series dvrs are supposed to have rf remotes.

I bought a new one on eBay for $6 that works perfectly in RF mode. I wasn't about to pay the extra $$ that Directv wanted. And, yes, it does have the FCC sticker on the back. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glitchy website

DIRECTV to Offer Local Channels in 190 Markets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)