DirecTV HR2x Mass Lockups overnight 10/6

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the TV on to the Fox News and decided to check my favorites to see what was on tonight. None of the buttons are working. I guess that I will have to reboot.. This is starting to get a little frustrating.

What about the regular DVR Plus boxes? Are the SD DVR's suffering from this same issue, or having problems in general?

A couple of people have posted that the R-22 had some problems, but nothing widespread so far. It is basically a downgraded HR if I am not mistaken

A couple of people have posted that the R-22 had some problems, but nothing widespread so far. It is basically a downgraded HR if I am not mistaken

<Ed McMahon>You are correct sir!!!</Ed McMahon>

The R22 is basically a HR22 with all the HD stuff disabled via software. But it does have some of the other advance HR2x features like on demand and media sharing.

<Ed McMahon>You are correct sir!!!</Ed McMahon>

The R22 is basically a HR22 with all the HD stuff disabled via software. But it does have some of the other advance HR2x features like on demand and media sharing.
Thats what I thought. Which makes me wonder why the problems werent as widespread with that series as it was with the HD versions. Odd

Reset mine at about 5:30am and came home had to reset it again. Which was about 10 minutes ago, so i dont know what time it locked up again.

Was going through the Channels and USA-HD was Frozen on Law & Order and it seems like it has been frozen for alittle because, It is stuck on opening credits.

I'll add to the "Me too's". HR21-100 locked this AM. Pulled the power once, no luck. Let it sit for 20min unplugged, came back up. Hope it doesn't go out again, I'm not home till late tonight and have a lot of stuff set to record!

add me, but with a r22, my HR21 was fine as far as I know, My R22 was locked up and non responsive, had to do a power cord pull to get it back, since then no problems.

Another "me too". Two HR-21 units, both hard locked and requiring physical power disconnects to restore order. The upstairs one hung for quite some time after being plugged in -- usually I get the DTV logo almost immediately. I was about to do a second reset when the logo came up and started going through step 1 of 2.

Downstairs one started through its procedure almost immediately.

Very bizarre - just glad to read that it's not me. I thought I was a little crazy with two units having issues at the same time.

Glad I noticed this morning - would have stunk to loose all the Monday night stuff I DVR.

HR 22 lockup

When I got up this morning at 5:00am EST turned the HR22 on...nothing..now power etc. Unplugged the unit from the power strip - still nothing....then I decided to unplug from the back of the unit...that worked...but still need to check the stuff I had scheduled to record...Haven't checked my HR21...anyone know whats going on...?

Round 2

Mine was stuck on one channel. I thought my remote was screwed, but I changed the batteries in it last night. I had to press the red button to reboot. It is working fine now. It retained my custom channels and my scheduled recordings of movies and series.

Here we go again for round 2....

I just came home from working for five hours and tried to hit my info on my living room dvr.... didn't work.... tried to hit guide... nothing.... change the channel... nothing... power button on front of box... NOTHING. So I had to reset it with the red button for the SECOND time today.... now waiting the 10 minutes for the box to reboot so I can watch the Rays game, my local team.

I went into the bedroom to check that HD-DVR... same thing. had to reset with the red button on that one too.

This is ridiculous. Not once, but twice. What BS.

Yup - had to reset mine this morning .. just got back home this evening and locked up again - so needed another hard reboot.

me too. this sucks. DirecTV has really gone down the tubes lately. From them not adding any real HD nationals (PPV doesn't count), to clueless customer service reps, and now this foolish problem. Not one reboot, but two, on EACH HD-DVR in my house. What is going on?

HR20 Problems

I've had intermittent problems with my HR20 not responding to the remote over the last month or so, but this morning it was totally locked up. Neither the remote nor the buttons on the receiver had any effect. Rebooted and it worked -- for about an hour. So far I've had to reboot three times. I should do it again but I guess I'll just give up and watch one channel. At least I seem to have lots of company. And at least my other two receivers (both old fashioned non-HD) seem to be working fine. I assume the problem must be on their end but they'd better fix it soon or they will have a mass uprising. This is ridiculous.

Here is the official response from DirecTV:

There was a broadcast anomaly that was causing this problem and a fix was put in place at about 2:35 PM ET. We are sending out a re-set this afternoon to boxes starting on the East Coast that should resolve the issue.

Any boxes that were manually reset after 2:35 PM ET should already be working normally.

Rememeber, if your getting home from work - Your box will need to be manually reset the first time, then it may reset on its own again upon receiving the fix from DirecTV.

The issue was not a software version download, there was no new software sent last night. The issue was something in the broadcast.

UPDATE:
Just received word they are rolling the fix out to the other time zones.

Again - DON'T be alarmed if you box reboots itself.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts