DirecTV HR2x Mass Lockups overnight 10/6

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Went to bed last night with my living room HR-20 working fine. I woke up this morning, and couldnt get the unit to do anything. Wouldnt turn on with the remote or the buttons on the unit. I unplugged it and it started up fine. No problems. Just wondering if they did something las tnight to cause this.

Another guy at DBS had the same problem on his HR-21
HR21 would not turn on - DBSTalk.Com

Any ideas?

Reported problems (I will add more as I see them)

Unit wont respond until after a RBR (for some) or unplugging the unit
Favorties list is erased
Series links are erased
Resolution changed to 480i
Networking issues after reboot
Users reporting multiple reboots
Sluggish remote response
Two users reporting the problem with the R-22 also
Remote codes for TV erased
POSSIBLE HDMI output issue reported by one poster
A couple of reports of "channel not available" after reboot
Reports of lost recordings (possible limited to external drives?)
(At least one poster is saying it effected his old Tivo box in some way)
Hanging up on 97% after reboot in some cases
Incorrect clock times
Guide only shows channel that the DVR is tuned to
System locking up after you choose delete recording
Many posters having to reboot a few hours after doing it the first time
Many reports of locking up again (around 11:45 central time)
Cooling fan running at full speed before reset

Update from post 100:

Here is the official response from DirecTV:

There was a broadcast anomaly that was causing this problem and a fix was put in place at about 2:35 PM ET. We are sending out a re-set this afternoon to boxes starting on the East Coast that should resolve the issue.

Any boxes that were manually reset after 2:35 PM ET should already be working normally.

Rememeber, if your getting home from work - Your box will need to be manually reset the first time, then it may reset on its own again upon receiving the fix from DirecTV.

The issue was not a software version download, there was no new software sent last night. The issue was something in the broadcast.

UPDATE:
Just received word they are rolling the fix out to the other time zones.

Again - DON'T be alarmed if you box reboots itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem with my HR-21 this morning. Unplugged and then it went through searching for satellites, etc. and then worked fine.

ditto ditto - but mine eliminated several of my local channels only when it came back on - I tried to add Channel 6 and pressed select the unit froze again then shut itself off and restarted. Checked the info screen and there is no current date for any software that was downloaded.

Seems to be a widespread problem. There is already a three page thread on DBS about it.

Can we get some more attention on this over here? See if we can find out whats going on?

same here! i posted this in the ce area thinking it was just me today. obviously D did something last night that affected many of us but what?

ditto ditto - but mine eliminated several of my local channels only when it came back on - I tried to add Channel 6 and pressed select the unit froze again then shut itself off and restarted. Checked the info screen and there is no current date for any software that was downloaded.
Didnt have time to check and see if channels were missing, but thanks for the info. I will check that when I get home

Apparently, this is erasing scheduled recordings for some people also. Might want to check that when you get a chance.

Also, one is reporting that his favorites channel list was erased.

According to one poster, D* is aware of the problem and looking into it. Who knows

Last edited:
Apparently, this is erasing scheduled recordings for some people also. Might want to check that when you get a chance.

Also, one is reporting that his favorites channel list was erased.

According to one poster, D* is aware of the problem and looking into it. Who knows

i didn't lose these . wew ....... if they're looking in to it then they apparently weren't trying to do anything last night that might have caused this.

Seems like another symptom is it changes the resolution back to 480i

Edit:
I added the symptoms that have been reported to the original post, as I see more I will add them. (if I get back in the office later that is)

i didn't lose these . wew ....... if they're looking in to it then they apparently weren't trying to do anything last night that might have caused this.
I havent checked, but I really hope I didnt!!!! What a pain!

Seems like another symptom is it changes the resolution back to 480i

Edit:
I added the symptoms that have been reported to the original post, as I see more I will add them. (if I get back in the office later that is)

thank you :up

So no one with the regular H series had any problems? Haven't seen any reported

I had the same problem this morning. Last night I did a reboot of the receiver to try and correct the time problem on recording. After it booted up, I noticed that I had lost all my favorites and had to go back and add them it and this morning it would not turn on. Unplugged it and it rebooted ok.

Bunch of DBSTalk folks also resporting that boxes locked up, many needed a power cycle to get them back up and then channels missing and/or favorite lists wiped out. Stuart says that sources at D* say no software update was attempted, don't know what happened yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts