DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Forgive me if this has been discussed but I haven't come across it yet. I have an AM21 with an HR22 so I can do the typical primary and secondary markets setup. I used to live in an area where I could receive channels from three different markets, but obviously was only able to integrate two markets into the guide with my setup. With the ability to scan with an HR34/AM21(N), would that mean I could have the channels from all three markets integrated into the guide? Also, if it is possible to essentially add additional markets with the scan feature, would I receive guide data for channels from the additional markets that are in DirecTV's database? For example, If i were to pull in a main channel like a CBS or NBC affiliate from that third market that I could only get with the scan, would that channel have guide data since it is likely in the database?

It only shows guide data for channels in the two main markets you program. Any others get "Regular Schedule" and would require manual recordings.

Sorry I'm trying to catch up on all the thread but I want to clarify there is still no RVU client available for the HR34 right, or a way to pause a live stream with current boxes?

Sorry I'm trying to catch up on all the thread but I want to clarify there is still no RVU client available for the HR34 right, or a way to pause a live stream with current boxes?

There are three rvu clients available so far, the Samsung D6000, D6400, and D6420. Samsung has announced that all of their smart tvs will be enabled at some point.

Samsung Announces Set-Top "Boxless" Viewing in All 2012 Smart TVs | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

DIRECTV If I already have or plan to get an RVU-enabled TV, is there anything I need to do to make it compatible with the Home Media Center HD DVR?

Samsung Smart TVs Firmware 1024 and higher (RVU support) - Issues/Discussion - DBSTalk.Com

Put it in Joey mode by hitting record on your show then you can rewind and pause all you want.

This is the best Ive seen it behave in the long while Ive had it. Glad to see it finally getting there. I probably wont download anymore, since I have the HD Gui AND it actually works decent :)

My 2TB external has been a blessing with this thing, I stay around 20% full even with it.

a couple glitches still on 548 but other than that works pretty smooth

I did lose a one time recording on Monday (maybe due to the reboots) but other one time things have fired off just fine

good point. That was the only one time I had set up before the CE. Everything else has been after that and worked fine

I figured it out the hard way awhile back. I only have a few, but every time I plan to download the CE, I go in to my to do list and write down the one time recordings.

Apologies if this is not the correct thread for this question...

I'll be getting an HR34 in the near future. I'll also get the whole home networking hooked up. If I wanted to, could I play something and have it display on 2 TVs at the same time? I'm thinking of putting a small TV in the kitchen, and sometimes it would be convenient to have it playing the same exact thing that is playing in the den.

Yes, that is possible. I have four TV's hooked up to my HR-34. One is a HDTV that I have hooked up via a HDMI splitter that powers the TV in the living room and one above my bar in the basement. Two other receive a SD-TV signal through a whole home modulator. You can either split the signal that powers your current TV or use two different outputs of your DirecTV receiver.

Yes, that is possible. I have four TV's hooked up to my HR-34. One is a HDTV that I have hooked up via a HDMI splitter that powers the TV in the living room and one above my bar in the basement. Two other receive a SD-TV signal through a whole home modulator. You can either split the signal that powers your current TV or use two different outputs of your DirecTV receiver.
Ah, OK... so to watch the same exact thing that's on TV in the den, I wouldn't rely on the Whole Home sharing functionality at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)