DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
hmmm...had to do a reboot again today. Turned on the TV and just had a black screen.

Thats 2 in 5 days

I've been working with the HR34 since December and experienced that a few times on the NR. It does seem better with the latest CE.

The NR is pretty buggy, I found it to be pretty slow actually.

The only thing I can think of is Saturday I got it and Sunday (24 hours later) it "crashed"
Tuesday I did a master reboot because of Monday's issues (wet snow on the dish which resulted in no signal for like 4 hours)...today crashed

maybe 24 hours after a master reset or when its new it does that and a reboot is needed?

But even with its glitches I'd like to see a Dish receiver pull this off ;)
attachment.php

Yep 6 programs at once....now while a couple were on the same channel Directv at least records the 1 minute before/after padding. Dish does a hard cut when the guide says to stop (top of hour)

Attachments

• PICT0076.JPG
    PICT0076.JPG
    893 KB · Views: 1,958
edit: actually it was SEVEN things. You can't see it but I was recording the Minnesota/Michigan State game on BTN too (ran from 7:30-9:45)

so it was all 5 tuners and 7 programs :)

edit: actually it was SEVEN things. You can't see it but I was recording the Minnesota/Michigan State game on BTN too (ran from 7:30-9:45)

so it was all 5 tuners and 7 programs :)

I think you are having more fun recording stuff at the same time than watching TV :)

Finally got my HR34 Setup the other day...

Got the following...

(1) HR 34 Home Media Center
(5) HR 24's
(2) H 25's

Total of 17 Tuners, on (2) SWM 16's connected together with (2) Cinema Connection kits.

Everything works fine most of the time, but the issue im running into is that the HR34 is dissappearing from the shared play list, and is giving me issues playing back recordings.

Usually a reboot on the TV im playing back the recordings from will solve the issue.

Any ideas?

Im thinking buggy software on the HR34, as I can't even pull up Directv Cinema on my HR34. However HR34 will pull up the play lists from the HR24 receivers in the other rooms

Attachments

• SWM32.JPG
    SWM32.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 198

Got the following...

(5) HR 24's
(2) H 25's

Total of 17 Tuners, on (2) SWM 16's connected together with (2) Cinema Connection kits.

Everything works fine most of the time, but the issue im running into is that the HR34 is dissappearing from the shared play list, and is giving me issues playing back recordings.

Usually a reboot on the TV im playing back the recordings from will solve the issue.

Any ideas?

Im thinking buggy software on the HR34, as I can't even pull up Directv Cinema on my HR34. However HR34 will pull up the play lists from the HR24 receivers in the other rooms

sweet setup claude. yeah it's definitely the software that's buggy. we're going to have to be a little patient but it'll be worth it.

Got the following...

(5) HR 24's
(2) H 25's

Any ideas?

Give the HR-34 a full day and DirecTV Cinema should become available, but you may have to add channel 1100 to one of your favorites lists to work.

But even with its glitches I'd like to see a Dish receiver pull this off ;)

Yep 6 programs at once....now while a couple were on the same channel Directv at least records the 1 minute before/after padding. Dish does a hard cut when the guide says to stop (top of hour)
Your're still on the old SD guide. You need to do yourself a software update and get rid of that nasty guide. :D

I think you are having more fun recording stuff at the same time than watching TV :)
nah. Most of those series shows I recorded anyways (which always gave the R22 fits due to the conflicts). The MLB Countdown was new and the bb game I wanted to record

Got the following...

(5) HR 24's
(2) H 25's

Everything works fine most of the time, but the issue im running into is that the HR34 is disappearing from the shared play list, and is giving me issues playing back recordings. . . . .
Believe there is five DVR limit that can view at one giving time in Whole-Home.

My system just started working correctly last night and has been working fine all day today. Nothing in the setup was changed, just all of a sudden the H25's will play everything recorded on the HR34. I don't know if the On Demand downloads are still messing up as I don't want to do anything that may screw things up. D** is coming tomorrow to upgrade one of the H25's to an HR24 so I'll let him try the On Demand download.

Earl

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts